Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hotel Hollywood

bradyd11
By bradyd11,
in

Rates are date specific, and unfortunately are high for these nites (the weekend before Valentine's Day perhaps a factor??)... is Hollywood the only zone you're willing to accept? How long do you give it to hope that rates come down and/or consider lowering your star rating, increasing your budget, or including other nearby zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm open to West Hollywood/Beverly Hills also. I was recommended hotels in those two areas but am willing to look around. I'm also open to bumping my budget up maybe $50 a night for the right hotel. I was just hoping to get one around $125.

I would like to book sooner rather than later but if it is in my best interest to wait and see if hotels have more unsold inventory than they were expecting I can do that. Maybe you guys can shed some light on that line of thinking.

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding 'Bidding Early or Close to Check-in'.

Also, with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE you don't know the name of the hotel until after you purchase, so you'll need to be willing to increase your bid for a '4* hotel in the zones you choose'... not just for the 'right hotel' (since you won't know the hotel until after your purchase)

Have you done any bidding yet for this stay? If not, did you want to first only bid Hollywood up to $125, then include Beverly Hills-West Hollywood up to $125, then if still rejected use both zones up to $175... OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better hotel in either of these two zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I broke down and took a 4* in Hollywood from Hotwire. It turned out to be the W. After looking at all the hotels and visiting their websites some hotels were completely booked and I didn't want to be left out. Got it for $240 a night. Feel like I got beat but it's still $80 cheaper per night than from booking on the W website. Looks like I waited too late for this weekend.

Congratulations on your success!

Given the low availability hope you're pleased with the ultimately outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]