Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Hotel Felix Chicago

Buzliteyear
By Buzliteyear,
in

Our bids have reached up to the high 80's. Last year at the same time there were some wins in the 50's so I was hoping we could land a nice deal.

As far as location, parking, as with any other large city, will be an issue. Most of our time there will be in and around the Loop/Navy Pier area, so rather than have two families get doubled banged for parking each day, I was hoping to stay in the area.

At this point I will probably begin looking at 3.5 Stars.

The Conga Line Never Stops!

There is parking at Navy Pier, which could be an option to consider.

In terms of the 3.5* properties in the MP-Loop-GP area, there are definitely some properties that are not family-friendly or even larger party-friendly (the Club Quarters Loop, which has smaller rooms.) More of the 3/3.5* possibilities in the River North-NMA area are family-friendly, and there is quite a bit of public transit from one area to the other; there should be no need to drive to get around the city.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The saga has ended.

Today, I got the Hotel Felix for $88. per night. Right now their website is showing an average daily rate of $137.

While I'm a bit disappointed for not getting a killer deal, this is still a good deal, especially for that week which is a Spring Break/Easter week.

As far as the bids...

First, I put in bids for a 3 1/2 star hotel targeting the MDW zone. I began in $64 and worked up to $76 with no luck.

I then closed and re-opened and began bidding four star properties beginning at $74 and working up to $88 where my bid was accepted.

Thanks to everyone for you help. BB has become an invaluable resource.

The Conga Line Never Stops!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]