Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help!!

ashkap
By ashkap,
in

Planning on going to Montreal on the 4th of July weekend. Would prefer Downtown, and am thinking of starting with a 4*. Do not mind going uptil a 100 bucks. Is it even worth a try or should I just downgrade on the stars? I do not really have an idea of the other zones (safety, accessibility etc) but am open to suggestions.

Also, does Priceline have a policy on the number of people in a room? I scanned the terms but could not find anything... maybe I missed it.

Thanks!

**Sorry, had posted this in the wrong forum (Bidding Tips)... have re-posted here.**

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it is up to the discretion of the hotel. Some risk it and it works out fine, other times some have had problems. Keep in mind that often two rooms via Priceline can be cheaper than one room direct.

Hotwire allows searches for up to quad occupancy.

Given the above, let us know if you're able to use Priceline. If so, please let us know the actual dates of your stay and we'll then be able to suggest a bidding strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I will take the risk of going for one room. From what I have seen, even crappy hotels like the Travelodge City Center (bad reviews on Tripadvisor) are going for $150 list price. To prepare for the worst case scenario with the double occupancy, we will be sure to pack our sleeping bag!!

I will be in Montreal from the 2nd of July to the 4th of July (two nights). I did use up my free re-bids last night (do not have a lot of time left) to try for a 4* in Downtown and got nothing for $115. Have tried for a 3* uptil $65 with no success. Have not added any non-Downtown zones yet. So that is an option for me, or I can come down to a 2.5*, or wait 72 hours.

I believe I am way past on the bidding amounts on whatever has been reported in these forums for Montreal... uncharted territory! Maybe you guys have more information that I do... help please!!

BTW, have also looked up Hotwire and my fall back option seems to be a 4* at the Airport that I can get for $125 - there is no airport hotel in the Hotwire list and the Priceline list has the Hilton which has ok reviews, esp the recent ones. But beggars cannot be choosers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]