Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa

travelnab
By travelnab,
in

Hello! I am brand new to Priceline bidding, and I've been reading the FAQs and the Hawaii forums to try and get up to speed.

I know you can't be guaranteed a hotel, but are there any tips you would recommend to try for the Westin Ka'anapali Villas? On the Priceline hotel list, the Westin Villas are the only 4*, and when I choose that zone the retail prices match on the sliding scale ($429/night). I also checked Hotwire, and it lists the same retail price for my chosen dates -- 2/11-2/15 (checking out).

Also any thoughts on where I should start my bid? My budget is a little flexible, but I am also trying to determine if this way out of my league.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In this Priceline hotel thread, another user won for a subset of your dates at $195/nite, is this in the ballpark, or what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and if you haven't, please read your messages too)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmmm...I went ahead and tried the one-time opportunity, as I didn't want to keep re-bidding and I ended up with the Sheraton Maui. This could be because I'm new to Priceline bidding, but I'm confused since I only chose 4*, but in Priceline's hotel list the Sheraton is listed as a Resort not a 4*. I would have bid differently had I known Priceline was including other categories. This ended up being more expensive than Hotwire, so I am little bummed. Thanks for the help anyway.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the result :(. The star rating you select is the minimum that you're willing to accept, and it would appear that the service upgraded your 4* level bid. Hopefully the hotel will still work out okay for your travel plans.

Can you confirm the accepted bid price so that we can update the site's Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for your response. The winning bid was $230 for the Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa from 2/11/12-2/15/12. I spoke with Customer Service and they also explained that Resorts are on par or better than a 4* and that is why it was included. I explained I thought it was odd then that the average retail price of the Resort category was $365 vs. the 4* category was $429. To me that didn't seem on par or above. It is good to know for future reference. Thanks again!

I realize its hindsight at this point, but you had 6 weeks before your trip and plenty of time to try more bids. Your $195 or lower bid would most likely have been accepted towards the end of January, although maybe not for the Westin. I can't speak for the Sheraton's rooms, but its in one of the best locations along Kaanapali beach, I think you'll enjoy it.

Your $195 or lower bid would most likely have been accepted towards the end of January...

Possibly, but keep in mind that these dates include Valentine's Day and the weekend nites before it, which likely will effect hotel occupancy, and therefore opaque availability and rates, for this particular stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed at the Maui Sheraton several times, and it is a wonderful hotel. The snorkling is fantastic (turtles, manta rays, countless species of fish), the grounds are impeccable, and there are free shuttles to Front Street and local shopping. You are also walking distance to Whaler's Village with shops and restaurants. It isn't of Four Seasons quality, but it is a very nice hotel. I don't think you will be disappointed in the least.

PS I am going to Maui in June, and I hope to be lucky enough to get a Priceline bid accepted for the Sheraton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]