Priceline Hotel: I am looking for some insight and suggestions

mikekey77
By mikekey77,
in

I am going to go on a vacation March 15 through the 20th. I am deciding between Palm Springs, CA and Scottsdale, AZ. There is Spring Training in Phoenix. I am not going to attend Spring Training it just coincides with the time I am there. I want to stay at a Resort at either location. How much is Spring Training going to affect the price of the hotels in Scottsdale? I realize it's a matter of supply and demand and I am not aware of any events in Palm Springs although there may be. How much should I be looking to bid for a Resort at each location?

I am grateful for any insight or suggestions for both locations.

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Spring Training (and if there are other events going on in either area) will have an effect on prices. What would be your desired budget per night? If searching on HOTWIRE for either location, are there any listings within your desired price range? Please let us know when you have decided upon which city, as well as the zone/s within the area you would be interested in staying within.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Better check into the BNP Paribas ATP Tennis schedule in Indian Wells (Palm Springs area). I think championship weekend is March 17th&18th. It's a huge event and will cause hotel and air reservations to inflate.

Yes, you are correct. The tournament is that weekend.

Thank you very much for the information.

Currently on Hotwire. . . .

Palm Springs

4* Rancho Mirage - Palm Desert area hotel - $193

4* Rancho Mirage - Palm Desert area condo - $218

4* La Quinta - Indian Wells area hotel - $254

Scottsdale

4* Scottsdale Old Town area hotel- $232

5* North Scottsdale area hotel - $278

Unfortunately for me, I am a frugal person that is always looking for the best deal. After seeing other winning bids on betterbidding.com I was hoping to get something in the 4* to Resort range for half of the current rates on Hotwire. Does anyone watch these closely enough to know if the prices will drop? Do you think it is possible that they will be much cheaper bidding through priceline?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

You can try bidding on PRICELINE, but current prices are not going to be half of current HOTWIRE rates. At the moment hotels 'know' about the tennis tournament and the spring training schedule and price hotels accordingly based upon the demand expected from each of these events... if actual reservations come in less than expectations you could see rates drop, but if reservations come in stronger then expected you could see rates move even higher (or see hotels sell-out completely)

At the moment, given spring training and the tennis tournament, it appears you may have to compromise somewhere... either in your maximum budget, star rating, location, or change your dates if possible.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]