Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea - Makena) Wailea Beach Marriott Resort And Spa

liannemartin
By liannemartin,
in

Good afternoon!

I have stayed at the Wailea Marriott twice before using priceline. We usually stay at a condo for the majority of the trip and spend the last day at the Marriott and enjoy poolside drinks at the infinity pool :)

We have been able to stay using a $120 bid for the last two years but have booked it very late in the game. I am nervous doing this in case we end up not being able to get a reservation.

Trying to get the hotel (only Resort avail in Wailea-Makena area) and have so far use these bids:

WM Resort - $140

WM, Kihei Resort - $150

WM, Kihei, Kahului Resort - $160

WM, Kihei, Kahului Resort & 4star - $170

All rejected. I will of course keep trying but we definitely don't want to spend too much more than 170. Any suggestions?

I'm going to be staying in Maui just a few days before you and have been monitoring Wailea and haven't seen low winning bids come through in a long time. A couple years ago you would frequently find the Marriott go for under $100, but that was mostly during off peak times. Mid to late March is peak tourist time on Maui, so I'm anticipating having difficulty getting a resort for under $150/nt. I've tried recently like you with no success and will probably hold off and try again in February and possibly use the 3.5 Makena Resort as a backup or grab a condo on HOTWIRE.

Thereuare, done! Thanks :)

Last year we actually didn't bid until the day before we wanted to stay at the Marriott, and got it for $120 in March - I wish we had tried a lower price! the condo we are staying in is currently still available for the last two nights of our trip so we could always do that, or end up doing the Makena Resort like you say. Have you stayed there before? What is the pool area like?

Trying to get the hotel (only Resort avail in Wailea-Makena area) and have so far use these bids:

WM Resort - $140

WM, Kihei Resort - $150

WM, Kihei, Kahului Resort - $160

WM, Kihei, Kahului Resort & 4star - $170

PRICELINE does offer, and you have bid, 4* in the Wailea-Makena zone, but you mention above that you're only looking for a Resort class property... are you willing to accept a 4* hotel in this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 72 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

If you read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are unsure how to determine your re-bid zones feel free to ask for help. In checking your re-bid zones you'll see that Wailea does offer 4* bidding, and if a star level is offered in a given zone it's best to assume that such a hotel does indeed exist in the zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info on waiting till the last minute to get your successful bid last year. Sounds like you are saying that they accepted your $120 on your first bid. I haven't stayed in the Makena Resort, but it seems to get good reviews, especially after their recent remodel. From reading about it, it now seems on par with at least a 4 star. It just seems that its a very quiet secluded place, but that goes for most of Wailea anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up getting too nervous to wait for last minute to get a cheap price, especially with mid-march being high season, so last night we sat down and decided we'd just bid whatever it took to get it. So we did:

Wailea-Makena area, Resort - $160

WM, Kihei - Resort - $180

WM, Kihei, Kahului - Resort - $210

We got it at $210 for March 21-23 2012. Definitely more than we wanted to spend, but we are looking forward to relaxing at the infinity pool watching the whales spout and breach in the ocean. And sipping on mai tais and blue hawaiians... ahhh only 49 days until we leave for Maui (first part of the trip spent at a condo!)

Congratulations on your success!

I've edited your topic title to reflect that you won the Marriott, can you confirm that this is correct?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]