Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Outrigger Reef On The Beach

Suncoast
By Suncoast,
in

I used the link for PRICELINE last year and was successful at the Sheraton Waikiki for $135.00 a night for last March, I'm hoping to get the same thing again but so far no luck, I've gone as high as $140.00 knowing of course that there is also a $28.00 resort fee. I'm wondering if I should bid for a shorter period of time? Or wait until the dates are closer? I know the traffic to Waikiki was down last year because of the Japanese Earthquake, so I'm guessing there will be more competition and I'll have to pay more this year. Any advice?

I used Hotwire to check individual days for your stay. For the 4* Waikiki Marina area, the rate offered was always $145 except for one $144. That suggests there shouldn't be any extreme days in Priceline either. One easy approach is to first bid the full 12 days. If that isn't successful, then try the first 6 and last 6 at the same bid level. Keep trying this as you work on up.

Other Hawaii bidders seem to be having some "sticker shock" too.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I used the link for PRICELINE last year and was successful at the Sheraton Waikiki for $135.00 a night for last March...

Thanks for using the links on the board for your purchase last year, it would also be appreciated if you shared your wins so that the information can help others (just as you had been helped by those who posted before you ;) )

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? If not, what would be your maximum bid for this stay? I'll also point out that HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Waikiki Beach zone for $178 with a very highly rated Tripadvisor rating of 4.5/5.0 (which is excellent) and there is no indication of a resort fee (although this would mean that a resort fee is not likely, but it's not guaranteed that there wouldn't be a resort fee). This property shows Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Laundry, Spa and i'm guessing it might be the Outrigger Reef on the Beach with a 'missing' Childrens Activities amenity, but i'm far from certain.

Since this an extended stay you could also see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can bid up in any increments you'd like... smaller increments can be worthwhile for extended stays such as this one.

Given the highly rated HOTWIRE property at $178, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While i don't know if it will help, keep in mind that you don't necessarily need to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID 50/50. When it's necessary to split i often try to get as many nites as i can on the first purchase (while still using my arrival or departure date to the area as either the checkin or checkout date), so you could try all of the following date combinations if you so desired:

3/17-3/29

3/17-3/28

3/18-3/29

3/17-3/27

3/19-3/29

3/17-3/26

3/20-3/29

3/17-3/25

3/21-3/29

3/17-3/24

3/22-3/29

3/17-3/23

3/23-3/29

Any questions in this regard feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Happy New Year everyone, Ok so the latest development is I tried staying at $155.00 but changing around the dates as you suggested....still no go, rejected again. I then put the dates back up to 17th-29th and then increased my bid to $157.00, I got the outrigger reef on the beach.....but, we're going to Hawaii and want a pool, I called the Outrigger last week and they confirmed the pool will be closed starting March 1st.... :( So I contacted Priceline customer service and they were very helpful, they made an exception and reversed the charge on my credit card because the hotel was not as represented on their site, they put me on hold for 5 minutes while they called the property and confirmed this. So....I'm not sure what our next move should be? By bidding we'll end up with the outrigger again.... Is there a way to exclude this hotel? Maybe this year we'll just have to go for one of the Ohana Hotels??

Sorry to hear that the pool at this property would be closed but glad that PRICELINE rectified the situation.

There is no way to avoid a particular property by bidding again on PRICELINE, but you may be able to use HOTWIRE (and choose a property which you can be reasonably sure is not the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach and/or has a Pool)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. As this thread now reflects your (canceled purchase), please start a NEW TOPIC if you'd like to pursue another route for this trip.

Enjoy your stay.

You can see the hotels reported to the board in this zone in our Priceline Hotel List (although be sure to read the comments at the top of the hotel list first)

With PRICELINE there is no way to know which hotel in the zone you may win, you need to be able to accept anyhotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose. If you want to take a guess as to what you may receive before your purchase then HOTWIRE would be a better option as you can sometimes gain some insight based upon the amenities show before your purchase, but still no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're expecting or hoping for.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for you help, the win was for the Outrigger Reef on the beach, not the Waikiki on the Beach.....maybe we'll try Hotwire next,

Are you sure? I'm confused by this, because the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach website says they have the renovations.. the Reef on the Beach makes no mention of it.

I was really hoping to get the Reef on the Beach, and NOT the Waikiki on the beach for my upcoming trip in June because of the renovations, and was a little leery about using Priceline because of it. I was stoked to read about them reversing the charges for you though, that makes me feel a lot more confident bidding with them. Can you confirm for sure that it was Reef and not Waikiki?

Thanks! I really appreciate it! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]