Bidding Assistance MCO - MINIVAN

chen
By chen,
in

HOTWIRE shows $43.95 a day for this rental. I bid $31 on PRICELINE (used your links for bidding and searching of course) and was rejected.

I have a backup that I can cancel so I am not in a rush, however, I am wondering when you think the best time for me to bid is and what is the sweet spot for PL over Hotwire. I'm thinking somewhere in the mid $30 range.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

The best current rate I can find is about $47 a day through Payless:

Rental Details

Rental Time Charge 398.83

Airport Access/Imposed Fee 10% 42.36

State Surcharge 2.05 PER DAY 22.55

Energy Recovery Fee 1 PER DAY 11.00

License Recovery Fee 1.25 PER DAY 13.75

State Sales Tax 6.5% 30.86

Total Estimated Charges (USD) 519.35

The backup I booked awhile back is Hertz, which is about $93 a day (inclusive of everything):

WEEKLY: 1 at 498.00 UNLIMITED FREE MI

EXTRA DAY: 4 at 83.00 UNLIMITED FREE MI

APPROXIMATE RENTAL CHARGE: 1025.49 USD UNLIMITED FREE MILEAGE

Is Payless an option for you, as it would seem to make sense to cancel your current back-up and replace it with the current rate which is half as much? What is the current rate from one of the 'top tier' providers (Avis, Alamo, National, Budget, etc)... you can use our Car Rental Checker to assist in your search)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I read some bad things about Payless and I decided to go to a better place. I did cancel the Hertz rezzie and got the cheapest "top tier" provider at the airport which is Thrifty. I just reserved Thrifty as a backup as follows:

Your Rate: 1 Week at $303.59 per week. Unlimited mileage. 4 Extra Days at $42.31 per day.

Base Rate: $472.83

CHARGES

Estimated Mandatory Charges

Rental Time Charge: $472.83

Vehicle License Fee: $6.49

State Tax: $36.85

Florida Surcharge: $22.22

Energy Recovery Fee: $4.50

Concession Fee Rec: $48.38

Facility Charge: $12.50

Estimated Grand Total: $603.77

Any thoughts on a Priceline bidding strategy?

You can bid up to $40 to equal your back-up reservation so with time in your side i would simply increase $1 per day, UNLESS...

Will you be near the airport during this trip, in which case we can take a look to see if you'll save any money by renting the vehicle for ~1 week, then return and start a new rental contract for the balance of your trip... would this be an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (also, if you didn't, note from our Support Page we're an affiliate of Thirfty)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]