Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney) Villas of Grand Cypress

jencck
By jencck,
in

Amenities listed:

4* HOTEL

2 nights December 20, 21, 2011

Amenities:

Resort Fitness Center Pool(s)

Restaurant(s) High-Speed Internet Access

I must confess I have used Hotwire over and over and stayed at Hyatt hotels many times. After this flop, I will not use Hotwire nor will I ever stay at a Hyatt again.

I get that Hotwire is "all sales final" but if you book a 4* hotel, they shouldn't be able to stick you in a "villa" 2 miles away on a golf course which hadn't been renovated in a good 20 years...

Hyatt wouldn't budge, wouldn't move us to the main hotel and Hotwire says they can't guarantee whether you end up in a hotel vs a "villa".

We left, booked the Hilton directly and had a great two night stay! (lost my $200, but had a much better resort experience.) Totally felt scammed by Hotwire and Hyatt on this one.

Thank you for sharing your previous results with the board, sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming that the above were the only amenities shown before your purchase (or were there additional amenities shown??)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Will not use Hotwire nor will I ever stay at a Hyatt again.

I get that Hotwire is "all sales final" but if you book a 4* hotel, they shouldn't be able to stick you in a "villa" 2 miles away on a golf course which hadn't been renovated in a good 20 years...

Hyatt wouldn't budge, wouldn't move us to the main hotel and Hotwire says they can't guarantee whether you end up in a hotel vs a "villa".

We left, booked the Hilton directly and had a great two night stay! (lost my $200, but had a much better resort experience.) Totally felt scammed by Hotwire and Hyatt on this one.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]