NJ Princeton Chauncey Conference Hotel

frugola
By frugola,
in

Stayed here for one night on a $53 bid. It's gorgeous, almost like a private college campus. The rooms have high airy roofs with windows at the top that gives a skylight effect. The beds are wonderful, as is the view from the window - all trees and greenery.

There are several nature trails on the property and we took the 3 mile hike next to the river - got to see a crane taking its morning bath.

It's a 5 minute car ride into the city of Princeton, which is chock full of stores and restaurants.

There is an outdoor pool and a decent exercise room also.

The only downside is that the breakfast buffet is quite pricey at $12 per person, but it is a huge buffet with eggs and bacon, etc. You can even have a custom made omelet included.

Would definitely love to stay here again.

• 1 month later...

Princeton Chauncey Conference Hotel is located at Rosedale Rd and Carter Rd, Princeton New Jersey, but the entrance I often use is at Carter Rd. Once arrived the entrance, you need to go straight and take private routes and follow the sign right to the hotel; it's like a private campus with many locations. If you arrive at dark like the first time I did in winter, you are very likely to get lost as you may not be able to see the small entrance sign, so have your cell phone and hotel phone number handy.

Once arrive the front door of the hotel, you may want to check in and load the luggage before parking the car since the parking lot is far away. As you can see the picture, there is no overhang to cover the car, so you may want to visit the hotel during sunny days or you may have to try to back up the car into the overhang to unload your luggage. The parking lots are free and far more than enough. When I checked in today around 7pm, there were only 14 cars in the parking lot. Parking during sunny day is very pleasant, and you can walk around to see nice lake view.

When you walk in the main door, the front desk is at the futher front right; left side back is the nice restrooms just in case needed after long drive. The front desk staffs know me very well since I have been here so many times. There is nice fruit to pick up at the counter while check in, and priceline is not mentioned but the room has been preassigned, normally, 1st floor room.

If you don't check in as soon as you arrived as I normally do, you can just park the car at the parking lot, and walk in the door, walking along left, you see nice gallery and the nice lounge that you can sit for a while. I normally found it is the best time and best way to get to know the best of the hotel.

Just walking from the front door to your guest room, you will feel very pleasant as it is like a maze with many surprises, it is more like a resort than a regular hotel. And each guest room is different, in both the layout, ceiling and the view thru the big size window. As priceline user, this is very few hotel that you can accept any room, and I have been here so many times, I have not stayed in a guest room I dislike. First floor room has 9ft ceiling, and 2nd floor rooms have volumn ceiling with skylight; most have balcany and first floor ones you can just walk out from there or sit at the balcony and enjoy the nice lake view.

My kids love to play basketball at the fenced basketball court and we like the tennis court next to it, and the outdoor swimming pool also has a door into the indoor lounge where you can order some food to eat and next to the tables is a nice pool table that we enjoy a lot. If you got a room near this wing, you may as well walk into your room this way. Again, different routes always give you surprise as it is not square box symmetric layout of most hotels, and that's a taste where other places do not have and you do not get bored easily.

I happen to be here again since it is very close home and when I have nothing to do, before 6pm, I would just bid the hotel. It is almost always got it for sure since the nice hotel has very few people for some reason. I often got $37 by detouring to bid 2* hotel at Princeton, but since there came a new member of 2* at Princeton NJ, Estended Stay of West Windsor, I can no longer detour to 2*, so I have to end it at 2.5* and then I have to win this nice hotel at $40, which is still great. I used to like Jersey City Hyatt a lot at $30+ but since it has no parking, nearby parking is $15 a night and $30 vallet. I have found this one is also very desirable.

The bathroom is of good size but above tub, it has a string to hang wet clothes or towels, make it more usable. The toilet does not look different than other hotels' but it is "quiet". I used to have a friend whose toilet costed $800 and it looks no different than others but it is "quiet". The bed and pilow are very comfort of the room, and one thing we really appreciate is that the room has TWO desks that makes the room feel much bigger and usable. The TV has many interesting channels, and there are also two closets. And if you count the balcany door, there are two doors as well, of course, two beds :)

We like to bring out portables, but if you do not, you can find many Internet computers here and there at different hallways and wings and floors, and no one sure to compete with you as not too many hotel guests anyway, and all complimentary as well as in room Internet access.

In the morning, we enjoyed the wonderful breakfast at the picturesque view restaurant, the food is great, but even nicer is the view and the great service. It costs me $57 for three people. The buffet dinner costed more, $30 per person; it is a bit pricy, but it worth to try out once in a while. Sometimes, I had the nice Japanese dinner at food court of Market Fair Mall off Rt 1 and hang on Barnes & Noble bookstore before coming back to hotel; there are plenty of nice restaurant in that area as well. You can have nice dinner there before check in to the hotel.

Sometimes, we went to this brand new 3 story Princeton Library and have some nice food there before coming over or after check out. It is only 5 minutes drive once you got used to it. Don't let the private routes scare you.

Another resources around town is the Princeton University where you can have nice concert with famous musician in the antique like music hall like a castle. Of course, you can also check out nice university bookstore, library and they even provide a campus tour. You can also canoe at the near by Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park There are just so many things to do in the area, and it is fantastic to have a wonderful hotel, yet, very cheap with priceline...

Down I-95, you will also see the famous Sesame Street Place Theme Park. Somehow, it does not list this hotel as their official hotel, but I would rather believe this is the best one, not only it is close only 18 miles away but also because this is very kids friendly and this mostly vacant hotel needs more visitors.

I would like to see more and more visitors to take advantage of this wonderful hotel and outdoor facilities. Sometimes, I was even thinking, may be I just just buy the newly built condo next to this brand new Princeton Library, and use this hotel as weekend retreat, and my kids can go to the best school in Princeton and go to the libarary anytime during weekdays, and can try out all kinds of food at downtown Princeton, and enjoy concerts and seminars in Princeton Univ...

Recently returned from a great stay at this wonderful hotel...what a bargain at $40, it was the most relaxing and peaceful hotel we have ever stayed in. No mention of priceline on check in, receptionist was very friendly and we were given a room on the 2nd floor upon request. Room was really nice with a great high window so plenty of natural light. Bed was very comfy with a nice goose down comforter. Bathroom clean and even had a bath mat on the floor. Closet space huge, wish I had it at home.!!!

It was a warm night so decided to try the pool (next to a great changing room with showers etc and also beside a good fitness center). Water temp was 87F and a pleasure to get into, no one else using the pool until we were ready to leave. Worked up a thirst and went to the bar/lounge for a drink and also had some chicken wings(pretty tasty). Enjoyed a free game of pool and foose-ball.....haven't played them in many years. Lot's of fun.

Hotel staff were very nice, greated by each one as we met in the hall. Used the free computers that are around the hotel and took a walk in the lovely grounds. Behind the main hotel is the "Laurie House".....an old farm house now used for guests and conferences. About 8 bedrooms up stairs, small conference room, dining room, living room, study, kitchen and even a washer/dryer for quests. Room key opens the front door so take a tour if you have time.

All in all a great hotel and would enjoy a trip there in the winter, a few fireplaces with relaxing chairs in front....all you need is a good book!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bid $53 for a 3* in the Princeton zone on 8/16 for a room for 8/22 and got the Raddison

Princeton - Monmouth Junction

4355 Route 1 At Ridge Road

Princeton, New Jersey 08540

609-452-2400

Just cheking in and getting settled. Its clearly not the Chauncey which sounds great per the descriptions (I havent stayed there yet)

I will issue a full report later.

• 3 weeks later...

This could be the best kept secret in the Princeton/Trenton region. Understated class and first rate accomdations on incredible sweeping grounds with generous outdoor facilities, including free tennis, volleyball, nice pool, basketball, and acres of ponds and grounds to hike and run on. We were hard pressed to come up with anything negative. Stayed 4 nights in 2 rooms in old historic Lori House and new building across the green. The price-to-value ratio was the best of anything yet on Priceline or elsewhere. (Pd. $44/nt per room plus tax etc.) Grab this if you're in Princeton, you won't be sorry. (We had our meals in Princeton, so can't comment on the food, which I hear is good but a bit high.) :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]