Priceline Hotel: 2.5 * results for Mimai Area

crxcte
By crxcte,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Do you need the full 11 nites of this timeframe or just a sub-set of these dates? Which zone(s) are you looking to stay in? What is your maximum budget (per nite) for this trip? Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 2.5* or better for this stay? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of the previous links before replying)

Let us know the above adn we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My actual dates are 12/26 to 1/3. I prefer near the beach but more sensitive to the dollar amount. I've used Priceline the last 2 years in the Miami area (from Pompano to Homestead) around this time of year. My experience with the 4 star was additional costs related to breakfast,internet, parking, and fitness ammenities. Hyatt at Fort Lauderdale had $20/day parking expense we got stuck with 2 years ago. Most 2.5 star hotels include these ammenities. Would a person get a better deal by splitting the dates up? Any location is fine, I would start at S. Beach first. I didn't see many 2.5 calendar wins.

I assumed that your most recent post was for this same trip, if not, let us know and we'll separate this post. (and if that is the case please follow-up whatever you decided to do for this previous stay)

To answer your question, "no", you can't prevent an upgrade, the star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to select, not an absolute number.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In terms of an Extended Stay hotel, you could look on HOTWIRE to find a listing with suite, breakfast and kitchenette or some combination of the three to try and not necessarily get an Extended Stay property, but a property with similar amenities that an Extended Stay would offer. It isn't possible to get a particular hotel or particular chain when using PRICELINE. If an Extended Stay has been previously reported to the board on HOTWIRE in a particular area, you could try to see if it's showing for your dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have never used Hotwire. You can't bid on rooms on Hotwire. Is that right?

You don't bid on Hotwire, but it is an "opaque" site. It just tells a price for various star levels and various areas in a city. If you accept a particular offering, then you learn what hotel you get.

Take a look at it with the links in the upper left corner here. Plug your dates in and see what comes up. You can see the "amenities" a particular offering has. Several of them include free breakfast.

HOTWIRE is actually easier to use than PRICELINE.

Also, you might want to try different splits on the dates, working around New Year's Eve - maybe 12/26 - 12/31 and 1/1 - 1/3, just to see if different things come up.

If you do see something that would work, don't waste too much time thinking about it. HOTWIRE deals come and go, sometimes surprisingly fast.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]