Priceline Hotel: 1* Miami (Airport MIA) Studio Plus

Tennieee
By Tennieee,
in

2nd time using priceline.

I bid for 2* hotels in Miami Aiport Area, Miami Lakes, Miami North areas.

at $28, bid was rejected. They counter offered to increase bid by $7. I declined.

I re-bid and added a 1* hotel. On your list, no one ever posted a 1* hotel in these areas ... thought it was a safe bet. :) and upped my bid to $29.

Bid was accepted. Got Studio Plus in the Aiport area. I would have decreased my bid, if i knew I was going to get a 1* hotel.

P.S. Also I bid last minute...the night before my stay. hope that helps

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If priceline offers bidding at a certain star level then it should be assumed that they have hotels at that star level. The 'real' value is seen at the higher star levels which is why we don't see much 1* bidding (not to mention the fear of what type of quality some 1* hotels may be).

I think there are better ways to have gone about your above bidding, but don't know just how pressed for time you were. Next time feel free to ask for a bidding strategy beforehand (and if possible try a little further in advance before your stay... although i realize "things happen" and that may not have been possible given the specific circumstances).

Thanks for adding this new hotel to our lists. Still a pretty good deal with the traditional rates being nearly $70/nite!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]