Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Streeterville) Amalfi

Frogger85
By Frogger85,
in

Any help would be great:

Mag/Street: 4.5*/95% (Smoke Free, Fitness, Restuarant(s), High-Spedd Internet & Business Center) $102 (Mabey the Conrad Hilton)

Mag/Street: 4*/90% (Same as above, but no smoke free room listing) Was $132, Now $75

Mag/Street: 4*/90% (Same as first)Was $169, Now $77

Chicago Loop: 4*/90% (Same as above, but has Pool(s)/Spa) Was $146, Now $81 (I think this is the Palmer House Hilton)

Thanks

Have you checked the Hotwire Hotel List for any potential matches for any of the above? We can then confirm what you believe you're seeing for your top choice(s) and/or try to identify anything which has not yet been identified.

Also, please list the complete amenities for each hotel rather than referencing additions/deletions from a previous hotel asked about, as it makes it much easier to research, especially when asking for multiple IDs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply..I have checked the list..they all seem the same. Thought mabey the rating and price may give someone a clue.

As far as ameities...They are all the same..except the non-smoking room thing (but all the hotels are smoke free anyway, so I don't think this matters) The only real clue is Pool(s). This gives you only two 4* options which seem to be Palmer House in the Loop zone and either the Hilton Towers or the Hyatt McCormick Place in the Museum zone.

My goal is this...I know the best deal is going to be the Hyatt Regency on Wacker (should be under $60) on Priceline. The Hotel Felix is also being won for a nice price, but since I stayed at these hotels a few times I looking for a change.

The first option is to overbid on Priceline ($75 or more) and hope to get something else, but that is a risk. So I'm looking at Hotwire and trying to find something I know is not the Hyatt or Felix. I'm willing to pay a little more to try something new.

The Palmer House Hilton seems like good deal for $82 but the retail is $109 right now. So it's not the best deal. The 4.5* looks like the Conrad it's going at $104 right now with a retail of $146 an example of a better deal.

Thanks

If you overbid on PRICELINE, you risk (significantly) getting a hotel you would have gotten had you bid lower. There is no way to increase the odds of getting or not getting a particular hotel.

With HOTWIRE, there are some cases of multiple hotels showing with the same amenities. The 4.5* Mag Mile in the first post is a possible match for the Inter-Continental or Conrad. Tripadvisor ratings have not been showing with listings lately, so they aren't available to narrow down hotels further. Prices vary from day-to-day and are not an indicator of hotel - nor are the HOTWIRE customer % ratings, since there is no way to check the current %'s for specific hotels.

You have two Mag Mile 4*'s in the first post - is one in a different zone? Additionally, for the second post, are you looking with the same amount of people in the room?

What are you looking for, in terms of hotel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you overbid on PRICELINE, you risk (significantly) getting a hotel you would have gotten had you bid lower. There is no way to increase the odds of getting or not getting a particular hotel.

With HOTWIRE, there are some cases of multiple hotels showing with the same amenities. The 4.5* Mag Mile in the first post is a possible match for the Inter-Continental or Conrad. Tripadvisor ratings have not been showing with listings lately, so they aren't available to narrow down hotels further. Prices vary from day-to-day and are not an indicator of hotel - nor are the HOTWIRE customer % ratings, since there is no way to check the current %'s for specific hotels.

You have two Mag Mile 4*'s in the first post - is one in a different zone? Additionally, for the second post, are you looking with the same amount of people in the room?

What are you looking for, in terms of hotel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the reply. Let me narrow it down. I'm looking for a 4/4.5 that is not the Hyatt or Felix (since I know I can get them on Priceline)and that's about it.

This is what I'm seeing:

I think the 4.5/Mag is the Conrad (which would be fine) it's at $93 right now.

The 4*/Loop with a Pool is the Plamer House I'm sure.

So these are the other choices that I need help with. (I know there not the Hyatt or Felix, but would not mind a clue)

4*/Mag-Street: Fitness Center,Business Center, Pool(s), Resturant(s), High-Speed Internet Access. Was $146, Now $83

4*/NMA-GC: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Resturant(s). Was $183, Now $80

Thanks

The 4.5* Mag Mile-Streeterville is a possible match for the Inter-Continental or Conrad. I'm not seeing a pool with the 4* Mag Mile and am seeing a different 4* NMA when searching for 12/17-18 - are you still seeing the above listings, and if so, how many are you searching for?

I do see a 3.5* NMA that I think looks particularly compelling for $54 for this night although it hasn't yet been ID'd, plus what appears to be the W Lakeshore for $94.

The 4.5* Mag Mile-Streeterville is a possible match for the Inter-Continental or Conrad. I'm not seeing a pool with the 4* Mag Mile and am seeing a different 4* NMA when searching for 12/17-18 - are you still seeing the above listings, and if so, how many are you searching for?

I do see a 3.5* NMA that I think looks particularly compelling for $54 for this night although it hasn't yet been ID'd, plus what appears to be the W Lakeshore for $94.

Yeah I just looked, The Mag MIle with pool is gone but now NMA/Gold 4* with pool is showing for $95. They seem to changing fast.

I used the HOTWIRE link..Thanks

I'm seeing a 4* NMA/WT/GC w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa for $94 when searching for 2 people, which would be a possible match for the W. The Mag Mile/Streeterville 4* w/Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business that I'm seeing would be a possible match for the Hyatt, Swiss, Hard Rock or Westin RN. There's also a 3.5* NMA for $54 w/smoke-free, pool, fitness, internet, restaurant, business, tennis ; that hasn't been ID'd yet, but $54 is a terrific price for a 3.5* (may be something like a downgraded Avenue Crowne Plaza or the Hilton Suites.)

This is the follow up to my 4.5*/Unknown post.

Keep searching Hotwire..to see if anything would pop up. Based on comparing rates for the weekend of 12/10/11 it did not seem like there would be a big price

drop by the next weekend. So if a good deal was there I was going to take it.

Like I said I was checking every so often....I checked around 2:30 pm but saw no new deals, if fact rates had gone up (Priceline had as well).

Checked back around 5:30pm and a 3.5*/MM-Street appeared for $81. It listed Business Center, Fitness Center, and Internet Access and nothing

else. The big clue was the 100% Hotwire guest approval and lack of restuarant(s).

I was 98% sure this was the Amalfi. It is the 16th ranked hotel in Chicago on Trip Advisor but has no resturant. The truth is it does not have an

in-house resturant but in-room dining is available from Harry Carey's Steakhouse. So it kinda evens out.

So I went for it..and it was the Amalfi..seems like a pretty nice deal for two rooms.

Also by the way, I checked the HOTWIRE link as I was posting this and this deal is no longer listed. So I guess waiting would not have paid off for me.

Regards

PS: My search was for 2 rooms: Rm 1: 2A 0C, Rm 2: 1A 1C

Congrats on your success. :)

Awesome deal for this boutique property, which offers free breakfast and evening reception. Thank you for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]