Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas help Jan 11-15 CES

amtrak23
By amtrak23,
in

Hey...clicked links while browsing both HW/PL.

Missed Aria a few weeks back on HW for a decent price, checking frequently in case something pops up again. Would like Strip North, but might try same bids for Strip South and see what happens. For Strip North started at $95 and went up to $150 with rebids.

Venetian has no rooms available, Palazzo does at $400, Wynn NA on 11th, then $499, $299, & $359. Probably don't want to go over $200 bid. Would that even be attainable during this time period?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

$200 for all four nights together at a 5* is definitely going to be difficult - and quite possibly unlikely, given that hotels are unlikely to aggressively discount, thinking that they can expect walk-ins. I will note that the second two nights (HOTWIRE has a 5* for $141 in Strip South, for example) alone appear quite a bit less expensive when viewed separately vs all four nights together) would you be interested in trying to split your stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

At the moment i think a 5* in the Strip South zone for 1/12-1/15 will likely cost ~$160-$170... for 1/13-1/15 you're probably looking at the $130 area.

Would you want to first try for the 3 nites at a higher price, leaving just one nite to 'fill-in' (which will likely be a difficult nite given CES) OR would you prefer the less expensive rate for the last 2 nites and then try to fill-in the remaining two nites at a lower rated property?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Assuming your fine with both Strip North and Strip South i would bid as follows:

At the 5* level in Vegas you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip North and Strip South...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

I would try the above for 1/13-1/15... you could first try for 1/12-1/15, but i'm doubtful that will be successful, whereas i feel your chances are very good for the 1/13-1/15 dates. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]