Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orange County (San Clemente) Holiday Inn Express

747travel
By 747travel,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience at this property. Not sure if you pursued it any further then indicated above, but i would have replied that you didn't want an upgraded room, just one that didn't smell so bad and invited him or the manager to visit the room with you (the front desk clerk would rather assign you another room then have to leave his post and/or get management involved with something s/he should be able to take care of himself). If that approach fails, and the smell was bothersome enough, then i'd offer to pay for an upgrade and try to negotiate whatever price is offered... at least you enjoy your stay a bit more, and you can always go up the ladder to corporate in an attempt to get a refund of the additional charge.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing the details of your purchase, and your experience at this hotel, with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your future stays are more to your liking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

I recently booked via telephone(I was on the road in CA and needed a room that night, btw Hotwire telephone reps are very helpful) while just sitting at a diner and went with the 3 star in San Clemente after she listed prices and amenities. All I remember was the breakfast & smoke free rooms. For $68, I too received the HI Express and found it to be a fine property. I received a clean remodeled room in a nice property. If I had to find a fault, it would be hard

BTW: You have a great website thanks. I do have others I have booked, do you want me to post prices?

I do have others I have booked, do you want me to post prices?

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thanks for the compliments on the site)

Please do share your wins with the board as even if they are previous wins, the information can help others with additional data points and year-over-year comparisons.

Please use a NEW TOPIC for each win so that others will find your posts when searching the topic titles on the board for specific keywords and/or in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]