Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Hotel Felix Chicago

Modeen
By Modeen,
in

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good deal for this property! For snacks/drinks, there's a very nice Whole Foods a couple of blocks East. The hotel does get mixed reviews, but this is in a nice location between Michigan Ave and River North areas.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I have stayed at The Felix 3 times in the past year. The hotel is nice but the rooms are small. All three rooms were not the same. The first room was small (but not tiny) and was on

the 6th floor facing the front, it was not bad. Second time I got a larger room (not huge but decent) on the 10th floor facing the front, this was pretty nice. The third time I got a very small room on the 4th or 5th floor facing the inside corner of the hotel, this room was not great. This may explain the mixed reviews.

All three times I was there the hotel was booked, so I don't know why I got a better one time and lesser another.

As far as a review:

Pros: Lobby very nice, staff is great, nice bar/restaurant, great location, and the rooms have the 4* stuff.

Cons: Rooms seem to very in size with none that I would call large. Kinda plain decor. No coffee/tea in rooms (in the lobby).

Parking: I would not use the ramp across the street from the hotel...it's pricey and the stalls are tiny..like can't open your door all the way tiny. The best option is the

lots that are 2-3 blocks away ($24 per 24hrs). Otherwise use the Hotel Felix's valet. If you are going to need your car at any point use the valet because no public

lot will give you in/out parking. So your get nailed twice (like $12 for the 1st hour) and end up paying Valet rate anyway.

Anyway...This is a nice hotel...I would ask for a higher floor facing the front of the hotel. I doubt they would be booked solid on your night.

Also...This area has plenty of great places to eat..If that's something that interests you. You'll want to get a reservation though otherwise your taking your

chances. If you want to just walk in seems like 4:30-6:00pm would be the best time, after 6pm stuff starts getting busy, by 7pm your odds of getting a table seem bleak unless

you go for late supper after 9pm.

Regards

It's alright. The hotel is really cool, really pretty, the bar is super fun, but the location is mediocre. Its not dangerous in the area, but its also not in the heart of everything.

Somebody was murdered there recently, but i think they knew each other. If you complain I'm sure they will give you plenty of freebies.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]