Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Hyatt Regency

thgemm
By thgemm,
in

Hi , i need a hotel in vancouver for about 3 nights starting 4th July.Preferably 4/5 star.I would like to be near downtown.Could someone guide me through the process of bidding for one.I read a complaint from one of the members and it was suggested that he didn't ask for help before he bid.So.... i am asking. Please.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The first thing you need to know/understand is re-bidding, which is explained in this thread: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED.

If you bid at the 4* level you'll have three re-bid zones, please read the above thread and let us know if you have any questions... if you're new to Priceline i'd recommend confirming your re-bid zones with the board to make sure you understand it.

Once you have the concept of re-bidding understood let us know your maximum bid amount and we'll suggest a step-by-step strategy to move forward with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

First go to Priceline and enter the city as if you were going to begin to make a bid... you'll see a list of zones within Vancouver (as well as a map of the zones below). Click "Area Details" or the shaded region on the map below the list for a close-up view of that area. The hotel you receive can be anywhere within the shaded region of the zones you select.

If that area is too large, you may want to give Hotwire a look... you will likely pay a little bit more, but they divide this area up into smaller regions, so you'll have a better chance of pinpointing the (more) precise area where you want to be.

Let us know if the Priceline zone is small enough that you want to go that route and we'll supply a strategy to follow (also, please clarify your maximum bid above, as it reads $90-GBP100, which is a wide range :) , i'm assuming you mean $90-$100?)

If the Priceline zone is too large and Hotwire is a better option for your needs, do a search and let us know the zone, star rating, and amenities shows... we'll then try to help identify the hotel you're seeing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare, thanks for the reply.My maximum bid is $90 - $100. I have looked at the

4 star hotels listed for Vancouver :

4* Delta Vancouver Suites

4* Hyatt Regency

4* Le Soleil

4* Marriott Pinnacle

4* Pacific Palisades

4* Sheraton Wall Centre

4* Sutton Place

4* Westin Bayshore .

Are these the ones that i would be bidding on if i use priceline ?.If so can you give me a bidding strategy for these ?

Also i have looked at Hotwire and there is a 4 star one at $91 in Downtown Vancouver West: Amenities are Restuarant,Pool,Fitness Center and Business Center.Also ( probably too expensive ) 4 star at $140 in Downtown Entertainment District: Amenities are Boutique,Restuarant,Pool,Fitness Center,Spa and Kitchen and. 4 1/2 star at $146 in Downtown Entertainment District: Amenities are Restuarant,Pool,Fitness Center, Internet Access and Business Center.Are you able to tel me what these 3 hotels are ?

Cheers.

Are these the ones that i would be bidding on if i use priceline ?

These would be among the hotels you'd be bidding for... there could always be others that we don't yet know about which have not yet been reported.

The 4* in the West zone is a match for the Hyatt as well as the Marriott... so either of those would be our best guess.

In the Downtown area the 4.5* is a match for the Metropolitan Hotel, while the 4* matches the 4* Terminal City Club Tower Hotel (if it also shows a Laundry icon, which i don't think it does, then our guess changes).

You can double-check all of the above by comparing what you're seeing to what is listed in our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST for this area (be sure to look beyond the first post in the thread)

If you're new to Hotwire you can use a discount code to get $10 off per nite (bringing your cost on the first 4* above to $81/nite). Would you still want to go as high as $90-$100 on Priceline or would you want to only bid as high as what the Hotwire reservation would cost you (assuming the 4* above is sufficient for your plans).

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones available... feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you are unsure. This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $81.

If the above is rejected take the Hotwire offer.

Yes, because Burnaby is not a re-bid zone.

Follow this excercise and we'll try to explain further. List each hotel zone in Vancouver and then next to it post the highest star rated hotel in that zone. You can find the highest star rating offered in that zone as follows:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Try the above 'exercise' and we'll take it from there... if there's something above you don't understand let us know that as well and we'll try to explain it in more detail for you.

1st bid at $60 rejected .Next bid added Delta Zone and was accepted at $65.Well chuffed...was going to bid $91 minus $10 bonus for 1st time user = $81 on Howire and it looked as if it would have been same hotel and also tax/fees less on Priceline.

Thankyou thereuare,you have saved me quite a bit.I started the bid at $60 and was rejected then got hotel on 1st rebid for $65.We are in British Columbia for 11 days and will use Priceline/Hotwire for other accommodation.If i need any more help can i post you ?.

Hi! My husband and I are visiting Vancouver in July also (7/16-7/23). I just tried your recommended strategy that worked for thgemm, but without success. Each time, from $60 all the way through $81, the bid was rejected. I even closed the browser and started over as you suggested. My question is, since we still have 3 weeks or so until we will need our reservation. should I wait 72 hours and try the same strategy again? And continue to try every 72 hours if the bidding is rejected?

Would appreciate any other advice you might have for me. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's not recommended to follow strategies posted for other if their dates are different than your own... it can easily lead to wasted bidding opportunities or worse, overbids.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and we'll advise accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]