Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market - Faneuil Hall - Financial) Onyx A Kimpton Hotel

Maleficent
By Maleficent,
in

Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice/bidding strategy for Boston between 12/10/12 and 12/12/12. I'm going to try and cram as much as I can in 2.5 days before I head to Chicago and do the same thing. I'm interested in doing some shopping, sightseeing, visiting Harvard and visiting the Museum of Science then some bars at nighttime.

4* is preferred, not really sure what to expect for price. I guess my max would be around the $120 mark. Is that a realistic price for that time of year with Christmas so close?

Many thanks for any suggestions and I will of course use the PRICELINE links when ready.

Copley-Theater District and Quincy-Financial are the two core areas that get the most interest and Harborfront-Aquarium also does get some interest (although there are few hotels within that smaller zone.)

$120 won't be an issue for these dates, as HOTWIRE is showing a 4* in Quincy-Financial for $106 and a 4* in Boston Common-Theater District for $109 (although the prices you see may vary slightly.) I'm guessing the Boston Common property (4* Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business) may be a match for the Hyatt, while the Quincy-Financial (4*, Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet) may be a match for the Ames. You could use HOTWIRE if either of these properties were of interest, but otherwise, in terms of PRICELINE for the two core zones mentioned, I'm guessing you're probably looking at $85-95, although you have the time to start at $80 and work higher by $5's. If you're going to Chicago right after (*although it depends on the exact dates of travel*), Chicago will likely be even cheaper (there's a 4* for $76 on HOTWIRE for 12/12-14 and 12/12-15, and you could likely do better on PRICELINE). Please start a thread in the Illinois forum for your Chicago stay, but I will note for that stay to definitely stay North of the river if nightlife is important.

Please let us know if you have any questions before bidding.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again!

Sorry for the sustained silence but I have not forgotten, was just taking my time bidding. I am happy to report that I got a win at $99 for the 4* Onyx. The reviews seem extremely positive and the photos looks great, I am absolutely thrilled.

Many thanks for all your help, I'm now off to try the Chicago stay! I used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for all my searches and bids. The breakdown is as follows:

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $99.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $198.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $38.42 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $236.42 (USD)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful well within your budget and are pleased with the deal you received. One of the nice things about Kimpton properties (besides generally excellent service) is that they have an evening wine reception which is a nice way to unwind after a day of work (or exploring the city) or a way to start a night out in the city.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]