Priceline Hotel: Please Help - Need 7 nights in Sydney

ReneeMoss
By ReneeMoss,
in

Hi - I am a real newbie at bidding on Priceline and appreciate any help posible - I need a hotel in Sydney for April 2006 for 7 nights. I have bid twice already and both times my $85 bid was rejected - I waited 72 hrs. inbetween bids since I have plenty of time. I do not want to switch hotels - Should I stop bidding and wait for closer to time of arrival April 2006? When should I start bidding? Is there any possability that I will eventually get the 7 nights? You mentioned that I could get 2 nights before or after an accepted bid - How do I bid in order to try for 5 nights and ask for 2 nights after? Or sholud I bid for 3 nights ? and ask for 2 nights before and 2 nights after for the same price?? Thanks very much for help with this!

You should check the official rates of the hotels in that zone in that class you want. If there's a price increase during the dates, you could split the bid, or if the hotels are sold out for some of the dates. You should make use of the time you have... as you can use the days for rebid purposes... (e.g. offer for 7 nights at 85 $ rejected... reduce to 6 nights and offer of e.g. 87$ etc.).

If you're a newbie, reading priceline's help section would be appropriate.

priceline.com/customerservice/faq/browsesolution.asp?plf=pcln

One of FAQ questions is "Can I add nights to my hotel reservation?", you can learn there how much nights (and when) you can add.

N.

Thank you - I did go to Priceline HELP and learned that I can request 2 nights either at the END or the BEGINNING of the reservation. (Not add on at BOTH ends) So for my needing 7 nights - I guess I can request 5 and try to add on....

I am a bit nervous about doing it this way as I really do not want to have to change hotels if I cannot get the entire 7 day stay. In the experience of those advanced users of Priceline - is it very difficult to get a 7 night stay?? Since I have plenty of time - (Need April 2006) when do you suggest I should start the bidding process for my best chance of getting the entire 7 days? Keep in mind this is Sydney, Australia and I need April 7-14 which is the week before Easter. (Sunday April 16 is Easter Sunday & We will be checking out on April 14 which is Good Friday - so we will be out before the Easter weekend)

Thanks again for your suggestions.

In my opinion it's much too early to be splitting your bid.. especially if you don't favor changing hotels.

Book a cancellable back-up in the meantime while you continue to try... i wouldn't try more than once every 3-4 weeks at this point as you'll drive yourself crazy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

IMHO Renee your starting way too early for a good price on a hotel in April 2006. It starts to get a bit colder down here around that time and we have alot less tourists to accomodate. My wife and i use www.wotif.com.au for our hotels most of the time but 2 to 3 weeks out might make you feel a bit edgy. But really, you don't need too, because there is always somewhere of good quality to stay. Australia has a very good standard of accomodation. Check out the site now to get an idea of price....it might be comparable to the prices you've seen won for priceline or elsewhere. I hope it helps. Tones.

I would agree with tonemeister and thereuare about bidding this far out and even considering splitting your bidding.

You've done the sensible thing re a cancellable back up.

Now you have loads of time to do some research into where to stay\how much is the 'norm' for that time of year and what's the most likely hotel that'll come up.

Once you have done this then by all means bid, but start with a low ball bid and do it about every other week as theruare suggests or you'll flip!

When I went to Aus I used NeedIt Now which sounds like wotif as you can only book about 14 days in advance.

We got some good bargains, have a look at how it works.

• 6 months later...

Just to bring this to a close...I have decided to stay with my 42000 SPG pont reservation for my 7 nights at the 4Pts. Sheraton at Darling Harbor. Although Sheraton now has a rate special going on that brings the rate down to a reasonable level for my dates 7-14 April, 2006 - I have decided to 'burn the points' instead of spending cash. Thanks for your help. Renee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]