Priceline Hotel: Miami 4*

Jennig
By Jennig,
in

Need some help with this area, working my way through the holiday

Id like to stay somewhere easy to get to the beach or at least like Jersey city easy to get around if that makes sense?

any tips or prices at the moment I know I could get

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston for 45.00 per night but I dont know enough about the area or that location to know if its what I want.

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation for 79.00

Any suggestions?

OK, so looking at the links above and the areas would you say its worth spending the extra to stay on Miami Beach? I am a bit confused about miami beach is it like a wee island connected with a bridge or?

And if thats the case which it looks like is it better just to travel there and stay "main land"

...would you say its worth spending the extra to stay on Miami Beach?

This is really more of a personal choice in terms of how you weight budget vs. convenience.

I've been to Miami a few times but am no expert, but i don't think it's a "Jersey City/NYC" experience... i don't believe it's that much of a mass transit city where you can easily get from point A to point B if there is a considerable distance between the two areas. I think it's more of a driving city, especially if you're staying on the outskirts... would you plan on renting a car or taking taxis?

Obviously staying directly on the beach is convenient... you walk out the door of your hotel and you're on the beach. Forget something back in the room, no problem, go back up and get it. Want to have a few (adult) beverages while you're relaxing on the beach or at a local restaurant, again, not a problem since you won't be driving back home... you're already home. The downside is that this convenience comes at a price... higher hotel rates.

If you take taxis it can add up quickly... to mention you lose the ability to just 'walk outside' and be at the beach. There is the "OK, mental checklist to see if we have everything and then bringing it all to your destination" (ok, so it's evident i travel with small children ;) ). Even if you decide to drive, there is the unknown of free (or affordable) parking near the beach.

The topic title of this thread is for Miami, is that your ultimate destination or are you just looking for a Beach and Ft Lauderdale is acceptable as well? Are you flying into town (if so, into Miami??) Were you planning on renting a car?

Let us know the above and if the beach is the main goal for this trip... we'll see if any ideas jump off the page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! Yeah Im a Momma so I bring the kitchen sink!

We are renting a car anyway...

Basically my husband has NEVER been to Florida -- he has rarely been into the USA.. So like when we went to NY he just wanted to do the "tourist thing"

We are flying in and out of Orlando so Orlando- Tampa Bay- Naples- Miami- back to Orlando He wants to see what he sees on TV lol.

So im guessing that is miami beach? We are looking for nice beach and somewhere just to relax build some sandcastles.

Does that make sense? -- Also rather have a nicer hotel so that if the weather is crap we can do a lot of swimming etc at the hotel :) (LOVED the westin in Jersey!)

South Beach is the best 'known' area where all the boutique and art deco properties are located, but it could be argued it's not the most family friendly place area, as there are a lot of bars, nightclubs, etc. Also, given this area is known for the beach and the outdoors, i wouldn't necessarily expect an indoor pool... many properties are older and weren't built with pools given the beach is one of the main attractions here, but those do have a pool, would more likely have an outdoor pool than an indoor one.

Personally i would sooner look towards Miami Beach which may be a bit more family friendly... or a different location that is within close proximity to the beach (or Fort Lauderdale Beach which may provide a better value)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would look at Ft. Lauderdale if you are looking for beaches at a lower rate and just want to go into Miami to see the city since you are renting a car. I live in South Florida and stay in Miami when I go and unless it is off season I don't waste the money down there. But agreed, it is about you and what you want to do on your vacation and what conveniences you want. There is a train that runs from West Palm through Fort. Lauderdale to Miami and there is a small light rail system in Miami but it does not go out to the beaches. The try Rail is only $5 round trip from West Palm and probably only around $3 round trip from Lauderdale. This could save you a lot of money, if you get a hotel in Miami plan on spending $25 or more per day to park. Hope this helps!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]