Priceline Hotel: Strip north compare priceline with hotwire

gemo5566
By gemo5566,
in

Hello

I got almost all my hotels for my group trip , just need 2 times a 2 night stay in Vegas for 8 rooms in a 5*hotel trying to get Venetian , Palazzo or Wynn

Used Priceline for most of my bookings through your PRICELINE link and got some great rates

I read all the info on your site concerning early booking or not , I would like to ask you 1 advice

I am not getting any luck for these 2 bookings , 5/27 till 5/29 an 6/10 till 6/12 , tried rates up to $119

I also checked HOTWIRE to compare what rates they have and I see that they have good rates up till March 2012 , after that date , rates are higher

So my question is : should I wait till I see better rates on Hotwire to make my bids or do the 2 sites don't have the same offers from hotels ?

It wasn't so for my Monterey booking , Hotwire had nothing on their site at the time of my booking , maybe Vegas is different ??

Thanks anyway for all the advice on your site , it always helps a lot

Lesly

After this post please use separate topics for each leg of your stay... we'll use this thread for the first Vegas stay of 5/27-5/29, please start a NEW TOPIC for your second stay in the area (6/10-6/12).

The Vegas market fluctuates more often, and dramatically, than any other market in the US.

I don't see any major conventions for 5/27-5/29, but 6/10-6/12 will likely be a bit more difficult as there is a 32K person convention during the first part of your stay and a 20K person convention which begins on your check-out date. These are each moderate sized for Vegas and usually would have a slight impact on hotel rates, but together they will likely have a more dramatic effect.

Has your 5* bidding only been in the Strip North zone at this point our have you also included the Strip South zone?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply Thereuare

for all my bookings I have seperate threads

this was not intended as a thread at this time , just the question if I have to wait till rates go down on Hotwire to have more luck ?

For the moment , I am only trying North area hoping for Venetian and would be OK with Palazzo or Wynn

There is not always a direct correlation between HOTWIRE rates and what it will take to be successful on PRICELINE. Certainly if you do see rates drop on HOTWIRE it may indicate a better chance at success on PRICELINE... but you could certainly succeed on PRICELINE in the future with HOTWIRE rates remaining where they are currently.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]