Priceline Hotel: Singapore 5* help

ozgirl
By ozgirl,
in

I am looking at bidding for 3 rooms in Singapore from 25 Nov to 28 Nov.

I would really like to stay in the Orchard Rd area (5*) but don't want the Goodwood Park hotel to come. When I search on priceline for a hotel (the normal hotel booking area) Goodwood Park Hotel comes up as a 4* but I've seen in the previous winning bids it was classified as a 5*. Has it been re-classified? Does this mean that if I bid for a 5* hotel, it's not likely to come up?

In all likelihood this property has been downgraded to the 4* level, but can't be 100% certain until reported to the board as such... it was last reported to the board as a 5* in April of this year, so about 6-7 months for it to have been downgraded.

It's a risk i'd be comfortable with (although i'm not familiar with this property and not sure just how miserable you would be if you by chance received it), but it's your stay and you're the one who would need to be comfortable with the calculated risk.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you decide to proceed and if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]