Priceline Hotel: San Juan 1-7-12

jmcquilkin
By jmcquilkin,
in

I am new to Better Bidding and looking for help booking a 4 star room pre cruise on Jan 7, 2012. I have had bids of 100 then 105 rejected. My plan is to keep going up in $5 increments. I've noticed on some of the replies that people have "added zones" or "re bid zones". What does this mean? I've looked under the Tools and support pages but don't see any explanation there.

Thanks in advance.

To give you some insight that you're on the right track, you have SIX re-bid zones when bidding Resort or 4* in San Juan. If you're new to the re-bid concept it's highly recommended that you confirm your re-bid zones with the board or ask questions before proceeding... if you read the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. I think I get the picture. I checked the re bid zones and found six - aguadilla, cab rio, dorado, humacao, mayaguez, ponce guanaco. I just bid $110 and got rejected. I'll try a rebid zone next go around.

Regarding AaronJB post we don't really have budget. We need a room in San Juan that nite before our cruise leaves the next day.

We are just trying to get a better price than "retail".

Thanks again for your help.

I'm guessing it will take ~$130-$145 to be successful for a 4* or better for this nite. If you're willing to bid this high you can the following on your next bidding cycle, using your SIX re-bid zones (always double check your re-bid zones just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed):

Select 4* San Juan...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At $145 I suspect you're not too far off... HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to the be the Conrad Condado Plaza for $157/nite... would this be of interest, lower your star rating to 3.5*, or wait it out and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead?

The 4* HOTWIRE property is now appearing for me on my HOTWIRE search for $152/nite (your price may differ by a few dollars, but worth a try to see how close you can get to your $150 budget).. if you'd like help with a bidding strategy for a 3.5* hotel thru PRICELINE let us know your maximum bid at that star level and we'll advise accordingly. I know above you mention you "didn't have a budget", but obviously it would make sense at some point to stop bidding for a 3.5* as you get closer to the ~$155 area (since you could get a 4* on HOTWIRE for that price)

Thanks for the information on the festivals.

With the OP's date of January 7th pricing doesn't look too bad so i don't think the events above are having any/much impact for their dates.

If/when you're ready to bid feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay if you'd like help with a bidding strategy.

The 4* HOTWIRE property is now appearing for me on my HOTWIRE search for $152/nite...

Unfortunately this property is no longer offered for your dates.

What is the best deal you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Also, since you first posted we've released a new site, Pre Cruise Hotels.com which you will like find of interest as it provides an excellent visual of the pier location, the hotels around it, current rates at each star level, how much you can save by staying further away, etc, etc. Using it you'll see quite a 4* properties prices less than you've already bid: Caribe Hilton for $149, Conrad Condado Plaza for $149. Would either of these work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the Pre Cruise hotels site if you go that route)

Let us know what you decide and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Glad to see you like the Pre-Cruise Hotels.com site and have already found it useful (please let your other cruise friends know ;) ). We've already received a few requests for other piers which will be easy to add given the backend interface we've implemented.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]