Priceline Hotel: 3* Buffalo - Niagara Falls (Airport BUF) Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo

umieesa
By umieesa,
in

After the last Priceline fiasco of upgrading my friend from a 2.5* to a 3 I was surprised that she was willing to try again.

Anyhow, so what we did this time was bid on the BUF airport zone at $48 for a 2.5* and it was rejected. Closed the window, reopened another one and added BUF Amherst and kept only 2.5* selected. Bid was accepted, but again she was sadly "upgraded" to the 3* Millenium Buffalo Airport. I was really hoping she wouldn't get this hotel, and I can't believe twice in two days priceline "upgraded" to the next star level.

I need to bid on a hotel in Fort Lauderdale and this actually upsets me since I'd prefer a star category where parking is likely included (as well as breakfast). I know that many times an upgrade may be appreciated, but I can think of many times where it might not be. I read someone else's suggestion of Priceline adding a checkbox where you can select not to be upgraded. This sounds like a good idea...Priceline I hope you're listening!

Sorry to hear of another unwanted upgrade. Having the upgrades in place actually encourages hotels to set lower prices in an attempt win the business from lower rated hotels which may not discount as aggressively. If you want to ensure a certain amenity or star level HOTWIRE may be a better option, but note that HOTWIRE is usually a little more expensive than PRICELINE.

Thanks for sharing your results with the board... while you may be disappointed, hopefully your friend is happy with a 3* hotel for $50/nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]