Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden

logic11
By logic11,
in

Hello again,

I've been trying to find a good deal in NY through Hotwire or Priceline, but I think all hotels are too high.

I have a backup at New Yorker Hotel $ 196 (without taxes.

I'd like to pay the maximum of $210 per night (including taxes.)

I'd REALLY love to stay in Soho, but I'd not like to stay in downtown near Wall St. So I guess it would be hard to bid for hotels in that area.

Now I see a 3* Chelsea in Hotwire for $147 but the only amenity is: High-Speed Internet Access.

It is recommended by 90% of customer reviews.

Do you have any idea of which hotel this could be ?

Thanks in advance for your advice

When searching HOTWIRE for your dates i see a different 3* hotel in this zone with: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Do you see this property on a current HOTWIRE search or still see the previous 'Internet' only property?

The one i'm seeing matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden so that would be my best guess for this one. If you see this one, would this work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you!

Free breakfast is great but I'm still in doubt.

Now Hotwire is offering a 3.5* hotel in Midtown Central for $160 and I was wondering which hotel it might be.

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Thanks once again.

These amenities are common for a hotel in NYC at this star level, but the Hotel Manhattan at Times Square has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I'm thinking on bidding at Priceline.

I'd love to stay in Soho but I'd hate to stay downtown.

I could stay in any hotel type in Soho (but I'd love to stay at Soho Sheraton Four Points).

Is there any strategy to get a hotel in Soho ?

If not, can you pleas help me with bidding strategies to get a good price hotel (aprox. $120)in other areas.

My choices are:

Soho

Chelsea

Midtown West

Midtown East

Times Square - Theater District

Thanks in advance.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select... there is no way to target only a specific part of the zone. If you're not willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone, then i wouldn't include that zone in your bidding.

For the other zones you want to bid, what is the minimum star rating you're seeking? If less than 4* are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive hotel at the minimum star rating you choose?

Let us know the above regarding star ratings and we'll advise accordingly.

So what do you want to try first:

4* up to $190

3.5* up to ???

3* up to $150

Also, note that at 3.5* and under in the MTE zone some hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, is this acceptable?

As well, is there a reason you're not including the ESB zone as this is frequently bid and is typically convenient for the average user. What about the MSG zone (for when bidding 3.5* and under)??

All of the 'known' 4* hotels in the MTE zone are well located near a subway station... it's at the 3.5* and below level in this zone when some of the hotels begin to get a little far from the subway.

Please confirm:

4* level - maximum bid and zones you're willing to accept

3.5* level - maximum bid and zones you're willing to accept

3* level - maximum bid and zones you're willing to accept

At the 4* level in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* ESB, MTE, MTW, Chelsea...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS and TS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTE, MTW, Chelsea and TS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTE, MTW, Chelsea and CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTE, MTW, Chelsea, CPS, TS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected, note that at 3.5* and under CPS has the Hudson Hotel which is centrally located but has notoriously small rooms... is this an acceptable outcome? Please confirm if you want to include CPS In your 3.5* bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I've tried bidding but I probably made a mistake.

What happened when you bid? Did you get some sort of error or message?

Do I have to choose ESB, MTE, MTW, Chelsea all at once and then re-bid with the zones where there are no 4* hotels?

Yes, that is correct. If you're not sure of your re-bid zones feel free to confirm them with the board.

Why do I have to close and start again ?

It allows you to 'unselect' a previously selected zone, thereby maximizing your bidding opportunities. In the first cycle, if you didn't close the browser and re-access PRICELINE, there would be no way to bid only TS and CPS (as the previously selected zones would be pre-selected)

I don't want CPS in 3.5* hotels

Were you able to bid up to your limit for a 4* or did you get some sort or error message or problem before reading $180?

Hello Thereuare (thank God YOU ARE always there!!!!)

I really did not understand your explanation on how to bid in NY (and I have already followed you in many other cities)

I did not get any kind of error I just did not understand your explanation on how to bid.

I know which zones I can re-bid (zones which are not 4*)

I just don't understand if at the beginning of the bid I have to sign all the zones I want; and then, if Priceline does not accept it, just sign the zones I don't want and just add zones I don't want.

I still don't understand why I have to close and open again with the same zones.

I haven't tried 3.5* since I was completely lost on how to bid.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I just don't understand if at the beginning of the bid I have to sign all the zones I want...

Not all the zones you want, just the FOUR (of SIX) indicated in the first line, and yes you bid four of them together. Then you add your re-bid zones one at a time up to $140. Then if that is rejected you closer the browser, re-access PRICELINE with our link, and bid ONLY CPS and TS... proceed with adding your re-bid zones. If that is rejected, THEN you add the FIVE zones (of SIX total) you want as indicated, etc, etc.

I still don't understand why I have to close and open again with the same zones.

Let's assume you go thru the first bids up to $140... ESB, MTE, MTW, Chelsea and FOUR re-bid zones are all selected. Your next bid should be for TS and CPS ONLY (none of the previous zones you selected should be chosen for this $120 bid). Unless you close the browser and re-access PRICELINE, there is no way to bid ONLY TS and CPS... all of the other zones are checkmarked (and greyed out so they can't be UNchecked). RE-accessing PRICELINE allows you to select TS and CPS only and not have any other zones pre-selected.

Does the above clarify the issues you've had?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]