Priceline Hotel: 5* Dublin (City Centre South) CONRAD DUBLIN

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

Just booked my plane ticket yesterday as the price was too good to pass up! Now I need to book a room, ideally in the Dublin City South zone.

Based on previous posts mid-upper $70's for a 4* and $115 and up for a 5* seem to be the going rate.

I tried low-ball bids of up to $74 for 5* (many free re-bids) and one bid of $50 for 4*

I figured this would be more of a low-season and I could get a better deal than previous bidders. Am I wrong and prices will be higher due to the holidays? Maybe I'm trying too far in advance?

Ideally I wish to bid no more than 100 on a 5* and $75 4*.

I don't believe this is high season, but also not sure how the holidays will effect these particular dates, although economic/political risks may play a bigger factor this year then in previous years. Rates do not seem that low over this timeframe, and i would think you'll likely need to at least be near the previous winning bids you're referencing.

On your next round of bidding how high do you want to bid for a 5* before trying for a 4* (and maximum bid at the 4* level?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Slight hiccup in the plans.

My bigger issue now is that my plane ticket was such a great rate that my mother decided to buy my dad a ticket for his birthday. Now it will be the two of us traveling together.

Any concerns I should have about getting a room with two beds? At 4* the Hilton seems to pop up the most and I don't think I'd have a problem there. At 5* there is the Shelbourne (which might be an issue) but the Conrad and Westin (which are cheaper) shouldn't be an issue.

Willing to bid up to $115 for 5* and 85 for a 4*.

Two beds can be an issue at any hotel and level, but this is especially true in Europe and outside the US.

It's a risk you'll either need to be willing to accept, or use HOTWIRE and search for quad occupancy (although when doing so the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there. If moving forward with PRICELINE, did you want to first bid up to $115 for a 5* before lowering your bid and trying for a 4*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes as I'm traveling with my father I'd prefer 5* over 4*. However, with that said I don't really need bid assistance at this time.

More or less looking from any other members who have bid in this area and their thoughts on the issues that may arise with single/double bed issue...more specifically based on previous wins.

If I were to get the Renaissance (where it might be an issue), would it help if I'm a Marriott gold member? I am supposed to receive free room upgrade based on availability (but I know PL booking is a different story).

Unless any one chimes in I will continue with my booking strategy. And as always, will use the PRICELINE link to begin my bidding.

Continued bidding up over past 2 days. Up to $74 on 4* and finally at $115 (my original max) for 5*. At $115 was given option to increase bid by $31. Declined and bid $120, $125, $127 using free re-bids and finally $128 which was accepted.

Definitely more than I would have liked to have spent but hopefully my dad will be happy. Now I just have to hope there's not an issue in getting two beds!

Do Hilton Gold members receive free internet at Conrad properties?

As always used the PRICELINE link to place my bid.

Conrad Dublin

Dublin City Centre South

Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin, Ireland

353 1 6765555

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $128.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $640.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $79.10 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $719.10 (USD)

Congratulations on your success!

While more then you originally intended, glad to see you received a 5* hotel for not much more than your original limit.

Hilton Honors Gold membership does include free internet, but as this is a 3rd party/PRICELINE booking, there is a chance this perk won't be honored (pun intended :P )... but fortunately most Hilton properties do honor this even on PRICELINE purchases.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]