Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Grand Hyatt New York

verga
By verga,
in

I just won 4* Grand Hyatt (MTE) for $126 + $9 bonus cash (which expires today) for 3 nights - Nov 11 to Nov 14, 2011.

This was my 4th bid since I started bidding a couple of nights ago.

Started bid at $96 + $9 bonus cash for DT/Soho, increased at $5 increment each and added ESB, Chelsea, MTE, MTW, HK and finally MSG and won bid.

Bonus Cash: $9.00

Offer Price: $126.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $378.00

Taxes & Fees: $91.56

Total Charged to Card: $469.56

I used your PRICELINE link for all my searches and bids.

Don't be disappointed. Sometimes last minute bidding works, sometimes it doesn't. I bid both 4* and 3.5* using the same strategy. I was just going through the motion of bidding, not expecting to win at 4* and was ready to move on to 3.5*.

This stay is for my daughter and her friend. I am currently bidding 3* and up for my stay, Nov 5 - 7 (3 rooms), and not winning anything up to $170 + taxes and no cash bonus too since it is for < 3 nights. We may end up staying at our back-up hotel in LIC.

verga,

Congratulations on your win... a very nice deal for this property.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

As well, if your daughter likes burgers, about 10 minute walk from this hotel is one of the best in the city, imo:

Jackson Hole Wyoming

521 3rd Avenue (at 35th St)

Now I don't feel so good about my deal. I just won the same hotel for $165 for three nights (Nov 25-28, 2011) and no bonus cash

Rates are date specific, so what it takes to win a hotel for the dates above may have very little to do with what it takes to win a hotel for your own dates (which includes the Thanksgiving Day Parade, a very busy nite for hotels in NYC). It would be appreciated if you shared your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others can benefit from the information when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]