Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance - DT Mpls

AnneMN
By AnneMN,
in

I am trying to bid for a one-night stay in Downtown Minneapolis next Wednesday, November 2nd. Failed bids between $51 and $73 over the past couple days.

Acceptable zone: Downtown Minneapolis

Rating: 4 star

Check-in: Wednesday, November 2

Check-out: Thursday, November 3

Many free re-bid zones

Budget = Less than $100 total (including fees)

I am wondering if there is something going on downtown next week as I have bid a wide range of $$ with no success... Any advice is appreciated!

- Anne

Thanks for your response.

I really would not like to have to bid more than $75. All of my research shows that a 4* hotel downtown can be had on a weekday for under that bid price. I am local and it is not necessary to stay downtown that night, but would be nice to stay there after a late event that evening. I may just be starting this process too late...!

Lowest prices found online:

The Hotel Minneapolis

$207 on kayak.com

$229.99 on marriott.com

Radisson Plaza

$238 on kayak.com

$238 on radisson.com

Westin

$269 on kayak.com

$299 on westin.com

Thanks again!

I really would not like to have to bid more than $75. All of my research shows that a 4* hotel downtown can be had on a weekday for under that bid price.

Rates are date specific, and with retail rates at over $200/nite for this date, your $75 maximum bid is only about a third of prevailing prices, which is not a high probability bet.

Since this is a discretionary stay, and you've already bid up to your limit, i'd simply continue to do so and hope a hotel makes lower priced inventory available in the next day or two.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it ultimately goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Lastminutetravel.com has what appears to be the Radisson downtown Minneapolis for $87/nite...$101 and change all in, but it is on request. Worth a shot. The Radisson website has availability for $100/nite...$113+ all in. Probably bid

up to $80 to $85 on PRICELINE and then take a shot with Radisson. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. I re-bid on Priceline a few times; up to $85 and never got an accepted bid so we went with the Radisson for $87 off of lastminutetravel.com. Just what we needed-- a nice place to stay after a fun night downtown. Convenient, nice bar in the Firelake restaurant off the lobby to wind down in after the show.

Thanks for all the information on this site. I will definitely be back in the future to use your links for PRICELINE and HOTWIRE just like I did this time.

- Anne

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]