Priceline Hotel: Orlando Holiday Help!

Jennig
By Jennig,
in

So I did Daytona when I was 17... and I drank some very good beer (or was that a simpson episode.. hrm) ANYWAY.

Im booking the family flying from Manchester UK to Orlando. I am a Canadian so I try to show them a bit of the States when I can. (thanks to all who helped with Jersey!)

SO we are travelling

Jan 9th-17th

thinking of doing a disney thing but choked when I saw the tickets were 430.00 GBP! (2 adults one child whos just under 3 at time of travel!).

Any ideas? wouldn't mind staying and doing a disney thing for a couple of days but would maybe like to do a Miami thing for the beaches?

Suggestions open I know im in good hands :)

I'm brand new here but used to live in Miami and now live near Tampa (St. Petersburg) and just wanted to mention that Miami will be about 4.5 hours drive and as much as I love Miami, there are TONS of things to do in the Tampa/St. Pete area - beaches, aquariums, zoos, beaches :), nice people, and less expensive than Miami. Just throwing out a different idea. Oh and it's only about two hours west of Orlando. Have a great trip.

You can try Viator who sometimes has multi-day passes to Disney at a discounted rate... you can also search there for possible things to do at any location.

I'd focus on trying to keep the 3 year old happy and busy... if s/he is happy then the parents will have a great trip :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Once you decide upon a location, let us know how many rooms you need, maximum bid and desired star rating, we'll then try to offer further assistance.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok so I think we are going to give Disney a miss because A) the cost of it is just crazy and B) because the wee man is only 2 almost 3 hes not going to remember it enough to warrant the 1k we'd have to spend.

I would still like to do some nice things with him so all suggestions welcome but here is a bit of a "plan"

FLORIDA: January 9th - 17th 2012 8nights

Orlando 9th - 11th

Lego Land (during that time)

Tampa Bay 11th-13th -- is there stuff to do here?

Naples?? 13th -- I am just looking for a place to break up the driving-- if Naples isn't any good please suggest another place!

Miami 14-16th

Orlando 16th (night before we take off.)

Ideally I would like to stay in a nice area - 3-4* would be good. Any tips or opening bids etc would be great!

You'll likely find something to do no matter where you stay. I have young children too, and it's easy to find nearby parks to entertain them, aquariums and anything else the locals to with their own kids. Often at a park we'll talk with other parents local to the area and ask them what is available and where they go to keep their kids busy on a day-to-day basis. The kids love it, because even if it's "just a park" it's a new park to them and they get to explore and try different equipment which they don't have at home.

If you can find hotels with 'zero entry pools' that's great too as the water usually wipes them out and they sleep really well. ;)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay... we'll use this thread for the first leg of your trip, Orlando Jan 9-11; which zones in this region are you interested in staying in? What is your maximum bid for this leg of your trip?

Are you willing use PRICELINE and risk that you may receive a room with only one bed?

Thanks I will start different threads -- Ideally somewhere central we will have a car so somewhere that I can easily get around or close walking distance to sights.

Price wise im willing to go 60-80 per night. I generally go PRICELINE -- our kid is small only a toddler so he shares a bed most days anyway I am willing to do one bed.

prefer 3.5* +

Orlando 9th - 11th

Lego Land (during that time)

Ideally somewhere central we will have a car so somewhere that I can easily get around or close walking distance to sights.

According to the LegoLand website, they are about 45 minutes from both the Orlando theme parks as well as Downtown Tampa, and 45 minutes may/may not be considered centrally located, depending upon your perspective. I think you'll need to have a better idea (at least a guesstimate or rough itinerary) of what you intend to do for this leg of your trip so that you can make a better decision regarding acceptable zones.

See the map(s) and their boundaries by enter your information in the search box at the top right of this page (it will take you directly to the page with the maps)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]