Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) W New York Hotel

akc
By akc,
in

I am looking for some advice on bidding strategies for a 4* hotel for 3 nights: I can either December 8th-10th (Th, F, Sat) or 7th-9th (W,Th,F), not sure if that will make a difference with the price at all. I am open to these areas MTW, MTE, TS, CPS. I prefer MTW. Any bidding advice would be terrific! Thanks :)

I am looking for a hotel for 3 nights in NYC: Either set of dates will work December 7th-9th or December 8th-10th. I am hoping to stay in a 4* hotel & hoping to spend no more than $200/night. I am open to the areas MTW, MTE, CPS, TS. Preferrably MTW or somewhere closeby to the Theater District. Thanks!

I have merged your threads, please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Based upon current rates I'm doubtful that $200 will be enough for a 4* hotel, but if you want to give it a try:

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and TS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW and CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS and CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

You can try the above for both sets of dates. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the helpful information. I am going to try this out tomorrow & will let you know if I am successful:) By the way, are there any other areas that I can include that may be offering lower rates and increase my chances of staying in a 4* for around $200 this time of year? As long as I can get to Midtown through public transportation I am okay with whatever. I was considering adding Hell's Kitchen, Upper East side, maybe Chelsea? Any suggestions, thanks again for the tips, it is much appreciated!

Considering dropping down to 3 stars as well if I can get a lower price. Don't plan on being in the room much anyway, as long as the room is decent and location is good. Just trying my options to see if it's feasible to bid less than $200 this time of year, otherwise may have to opt for different dates. Thanks again for your help!

If you can delay your trip by one week i think you'll see substantially lower rates than you're currently facing for these dates... at current rates a 4* around the $150 mark would seem reasonable.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Absolutely open to changing the dates, in fact we are just looking to spend 3 nights in NYC anytime this December, if you could advise me of the best dates & times to consider that would be awesome & I can go from there:) Thanks again really appreciate the help!

The first half of December is really one of the busiest/most expensive times of the year in NYC. 16th-19th, 17th-20th are good, but 18th-21st and 19th-22nd and 20th-23rd are a bit better. I'm seeing what appears to be the Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers for $145 on HOTWIRE for the last three date combos, so it (or a comparable) could likely be had for less for these dates. Let us know your thoughts.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Wonderful, thanks for the helpful tips! I am definitely going to try to work our schedule around some of the dates that you have recommended. Once we have finalized the dates, I will be sure to let you know them for some bidding advice. Thanks again, this site is great really appreciate the help! :)

Looks like plane tickets go up significantly for us right around Christmas, but found a good fare for the dates December 27th - 30th, can you advise on these dates and provide a bidding strategy for a 4*, again trying to stay below $200, something around $150 would be ideal. Thank you very much!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]