Priceline Hotel: 3* Minneapolis-St Paul (Airport MSP-MofA) Crowne Plaza Airport-MofA

Pat Barclay
By Pat Barclay,
in

Last minute decision to come see Christian Ponder's debut as the Vikings starting QB....

Was looking to get the 3.5 star Doubletree South in Bloomington based on past bids. Used the Better Bidding PRICELINE link to do my bidding process:

Bid $40 for a 3.5 star in Bloomington West-MOA area. Rejected, Priceline was going to let me bid $56 without changing zones, star levels etc. but I declined.

Added Downtown Minneapolis and increased bid to $42. Rejected again.

Added Airport MSP-MOA and increased bid to $45. Rejected again.

Added 3 star hotels and increased bid to $46. Took a long time for Priceline to confirm that bid was accepted by Crowne Plaza Bloomington MSP Airport/MOA.

Offer Price: avg. per room, per night $46.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 2 + Add nights for the same rate!

Room Subtotal: $92.00

Taxes & Fees: $20.16

Total Charged to Card: $112.16

Hotel website listed cheapest stay for these two dates at $203.42 total, so I saved about 45% using Priceline. Amenities include an indoor pool, which will no doubt thrill my 5 year old, and a free Starbucks coffee cart in the morning (though free coffee of any kind works for me), free high speed wireless internet access, and a 42 inch HDTV in the room. Hotel website mentions nothing about a free breakfast, but recent TripAdvisor reviews indicate there is a breakfast buffet. There is also apparently a shuttle that runs to the airport and MOA.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]