MO Kansas City Radisson Downtown

bobtravel
By bobtravel,
in

Hi,

I just came back from KC and stayed at the doubletree. I definitely think that this was a bargain at $45.00 per night which was what my winning bid was. I was on the 21st floor with a view over the city/construction. The room was okay perhaps on the small side for those who need lots of room but very adequate. The staff was exceptional, very helpful drove a friend to a meeting he was late for, photocopied his stuff for free and delivered it to the room.

The only down side if you pardon the pun was being downtown on the weekend when

there is absolutely nothing going on in the daytime and the street are empty. Nice though if you want quiet.

Would go back again

bt

• 1 year later...

Recently returned from a stay at this hotel. It was our third stay here and the second since it has changed from Doubletree to Radisson. Radisson has definately made some improvements in both the hotel and staff. The room was on the smaller side this time as we had a room with one king bed. In the past, we've had two double beds and those rooms seemed to have a little more space to them. This is our second stay since it became a Radisson and both times we've been given rooms with Sleep Number beds. For me the jury's still out on whether or not I like these beds. In the king bed, it's one control the controls each side individually. If you're on the side without the controller, you'd have to reach across your partner to find the controller to adjust your side of the bed. I found this somewhat inconvenient but, I managed to get the bed adjusted so that I was comfortable enough to sleep without needing to readjust it.

If you have a car, there is a charge for parking in the garage. The parking garage can either be accessed by a room key or a credit card. Since it can be accessed by a credit card I assume that the garage has been made available for public parking as well as guest parking. As we arrived later in the evening, we didn't have any problems finding a parking space.

• 11 months later...

We stayed here for one night. This was our second stay here, although the first was 3 years ago when it was the DoubleTree. After reading recent reviews I prepared myself for the worst.

There was some kind of international folk dancing convention going on, so when we arrived the hotel lobby was packed full of people. Lots of kids. Obviously these things happen and it's no fault of the Radisson; just a coincidence we could do without. We paid our $6 for parking and went up to our room.

The elevators were always packed going up and down due to the convention. I called earlier in the afternoon to request a king smoking room, which was granted, but we got two doubles instead. They were sleep number beds so at least happy about that. As expected, the hotel in general is kind of run down and grungy. Our room wasn't bad though: clean, well-appointed, and the A/C worked great. We were on the 17th floor so the view was interesting. The first thing my wife wanted to do was take a bath. Due to a home remodelling project we have been without a bath for a month. But, there was no drain plug. After 2 phone calls to the front desk and 40 minutes later, a guy from maintenance brought one up. He apologized for the delay which, understandably, was due to the general chaos from the convention guests. I went to get ice and in place of an ice machine was a sign: "Please use ice machine on 16th floor."

The hotel restaurant was open until 10pm, and we ventured down there around 9:30. Besides the commotion in the lobby, the restaurant was entirely empty. Typical menu, and overall the food and prices were pretty good. After eating we went back up to our room and expected to be kept awake from the young convention goers, but surprisingly we didn't hear a peep. Most of our hall seemed to be vacant thankfully.

This place isn't a total disaster but I can understand how others have had a rough time. Given other choices we probably wouldn't stay here again, but then again, thanks to HOTWIRE, we paid much less then the going rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]