Priceline Hotel: New York City 9/27 to 10/4 - Any help appreciated

Spunkybear
By Spunkybear,
in

Did you try splitting the bid since your post on the 19th?

Why wouldn't you be allowed to bid again just yet? When you change the check-in or check-out date it is considered a brand new bid (so wouldn't be considered a duplicate of your other bids)... regardless, it has been more than 72 hours since you last posted on the 19th so i'm not sure why you would be 'locked-out' from bidding.

Please clarify if you've made any additional bids since you last posted (and if so the details fo the rejections) and then we'll be able to suggest how to move forward from this point.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi. I'm looking for a hotel in New York City too but for 9/1 to 9/5. If you're willing to compromise a bit on location, there are 3* hotels in Jersey City worth considering. Based on posts of previous wins in that location, the 3* hotels are Hyatt Regency and Doubletree Club. You can catch the PATH train into the city. Slight inconvenience, but substantial savings. I visit Manhattan all the time and I can tell you that transport will not be a problem. Winning bids seen from $70 around that time. I started bidding at $40 (no harm as it's still early) but failed. There are winning bids from $40 onwards but they are for off-peak non-summer times. Will keep increasing bid and post final winning bid here.

Reviews of these hotels on the internet are good, particularly the Hyatt. Winning bids for 3* hotels in the city around this time is well over $120. Factor in taxes and charges, I'll be saving over $60 a night (maybe more if I'm lucky). Other things to consider is that for the same star rating, Priceline rooms in the city are generally smaller, older and come with poorer service. Just my 2 cents.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]