Priceline Hotel: Has anyone used NYOP via Priceline for New Years Eve in Vegas? Please

BabyCougar31
By BabyCougar31,
in

Hello,

My husband and I are going to Vegas to celebrate this year traveling 12/31-01/03. My plan is to split the bidding and isolate 12/31. I thought I would start with a bid of $120 and keep going up until I hit $230 but I'm hoping I don't have to hit the max amount. If any of you have already done this (if you haven't but have helpful tips such as an appropriate starting price please advise) and have suggestions or results please reply. I'd like to get Trump specifically for NYE and I know how to do so via NYOP & Hotwire but if my price isn't accepted by Trump I can live with a 4 star North Strip or 5 star North/South Strip for that night. Even though my preference is Trump like I said I'm aware its NYE in Vegas so flexibility is necessary especially if another hotel of equal quality is cheaper. 01/01-01/03 isn't an issue but NYE is a different story. Just wondering if anyone else has already had luck for 12/31. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes I am totally using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links from this site!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can use the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to see any wins reported to the board for these date(s).

My guess is that for NYE you'll need to at least be up near your maximum bid to be successful... and keep in mind that some hotels may have a minimum stay requirement for this nite.

Do you want to first try bidding up to your limit for the North Strip Condo zone? Are the Strip North and Strip South zones also acceptable but you're bidding the Condo zone figuring that you won't be successful for a 5* on the Strip for NYE? (for if the Strip South and Strip North zones are also acceptable, we can use them to gain extra bidding opportunities)

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My intention was to bid strictly for North Strip Condo for 01/01-01/03 to ensure I get Trump and then attempt to bid for NYE separately starting with North Strip Condo and if that was unsuccessful to then try for a 4 star North Strip or 5 star North/South Strip. A 4 star in the South Strip zone is not acceptable since I gambled with that before and ended up with Westin which I did not care for at all. The location was fine but the hotel itself was very disappointing especially since I transferred from Trump. But I wasn't aware that Priceline adhered to the same rule about a minimum requirement for certain nights when you NYOP so that kind of changes the plan a little. :/ Now I'm not sure what to do. If all the hotels are operating with a two night minimum for NYE perhaps I should try to bid for 12/31-01/02 and see if that works if isolating NYE doesn't work. The drawback to that is knowing 01/01-01/03 are much cheaper than NYE and having to pay more than necessary. But its NYE so if a two night minimum is required through NYOP then I probably won't have a choice. MGM Grand is $60 for both 01/01 & 01/02 which is a great price. The suite is only $8 more per night which is still fantastic. I think I assumed that Priceline didn't have a minimum stay requirement bc Hotwire doesn't require a two night minimum for NYE but I could definitely be wrong.

A two-night minimum for hotels is not certain for 12/31-1/2, but a number of hotels may have that in effect for these dates. If you want to try for 12/31 alone, you can - and have a little time - to try that and see how it goes. If unsuccessful, you can try combinine the first and second night or looking at other alternatives.

I will note that the second night, while much cheaper than NYE, is still fairly pricey due to people likely staying another night after a long night on NYE. The third night, however, is vastly cheaper than the first two at many properties.

Please use the site's Support/Travel section links to start regular rate purchases and searches.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

My intention was to bid strictly for North Strip Condo for 01/01-01/03 to ensure I get Trump and then attempt to bid for NYE separately...
Why not try first bidding for 12/31... then if successful try bidding for 1/1-1/3?
Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying...
2x

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I've been watching the Strip prices the last few weeks on both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE (using the links from this website) and they seem to be slowly decreasing. The Trump is currently $243 per night for 12/31-01/02 so I was wondering if I should book as soon as possible or wait a little longer to see if the price drop continues. Not familiar with booking in Vegas for New Years Eve. I know that prices sometimes drop at the last minute if hotels aren't full but I don't know if its wise to wait another couple weeks in this case. Currently the Trump is $314 per night for these same dates on Priceline. Prices in general have been decreasing slowly but this is the only hotel I plan to stay in so that's what I'm focusing on. Please advise! Trying to decide if this is as good as its going to get pricewise.

:) Thanks

5* North Strip Vegas New Year's Eve 12/31-01/02 $243 night...

Hotwire

5 Star North Strip

Resort, Fitness Center, Spa, Restaurants, Smoke Free Rooms, Kitchenette, High Speed Internet, Pool

Recommended by 90%

(pretty certain its Trump I've booked through Hotwire before and the amenities match)

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]