Priceline Hotel: Suggestions for Louisville area

Weency
By Weency,
in

Hello,

I will soon begin bidding on 3* and above in the Louisville, KY area. I am presently 7 weeks in advance of a desired two night stay in early December.

This will be my second time bidding using PRICELINE. I will use your link!

What would be a good strategy for bidding and for using re-bid zones?

Ideally I would like a 3* in Louisville East (Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites) for a low price, maybe $40/night. A ten hour drive from Canada at that time may be thwarted by a snowstorm, and $80 is not hard to forfeit in the name of safety.

As I will have a car, other zones are acceptable:

I would trust any hotel down to 3* in Louisville Downtown

And Louisville Brooks only has 2* so that would be a re-bid zone?

I see others have started with bids in the low $20's for a 3*.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

What are the nites of your stay? When do you intend to actually begin bidding?

Did you want to fist try for a 3* hotel in the East zone up to your limit OR is your goal the least expensive 3* in any of your acceptable zones?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Louisville, KY has 8 bidding zones.

I think if I were you, I'd wait until the last minute. Then take a good look at the weather forecast. You could bid a wide range in a couple days - even by $5s you could bid from $30 to $60 in one day, and on up $65 to $90 the next. And if you waited until the very last day, with increments of $10 you could bid from $30 to $100.

I'd check the Calendar of Wins to tune that range a bit. My numbers are just an example. You want to make sure to explore the lower levels a bit to not leave $$ on the table, but get to the higher "sure kill" range. All this is assuming there isn't some major event there that is filling EVERYTHING.

Of course if you can score a real bargain now, that would also be good.

Romelle

• 3 weeks later...

What do you want to do in Louisville?

Every time I have bid on a 2 1/2 star in downtown, it has either been the Springhill Suites (usual) or the Fairfield Inn. Lovely, joined hotels with free breakfast, pool, exercise room, wi-fi, business center.

It is easy to walk from here to restaurants, the museums, 4th street, etc.

Parking is $9/day but if you bid between $40 and $46 you will usually get a room, unless there is a convention in town.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]