Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Los Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades) Hyatt Place North

Modeen
By Modeen,
in

Hello,

First, I apologize for not using the link on your site for getting through to HOTWIRE. I do try to remember to use it, but I just plain forgot. Sorry.

The amenities for the hotel are: shuttle, smoke-free rooms, complimentary breakfast, fitness center, pool, business center, internet.

I'm pleased with this hotel, but now I'm trying to book a second room. I tried the option to Add A Room, but when I do, the price has now jumped to over $250. If I try going back through HOTWIRE like a new reservation, I also see really high prices for this hotel. I plan to just wait it out, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

Mo

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. I've added "Hyatt Place North" to your topic title, can you confirm that this is the property you received?

In regards to the price currently being substantially higher, how long ago did you purchase this at $85/nite?

Please try to remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, it was the Hyatt Place North.

I was able to book the room for $85 last night. When I received the email confirmation minutes later, I tried to Add A Room. So it was only a matter of minutes between the time it was $85 and then $253. I know the prices can fluctuate, but this seems extreme.

Thanks for all your help.

M

I was able to book the room for $85 last night. When I received the email confirmation minutes later, I tried to Add A Room. So it was only a matter of minutes between the time it was $85 and then $253. I know the prices can fluctuate, but this seems extreme.

Had you originally searched for two rooms and the $85 price wasn't offered when searching for 2 rooms?

Hotels may only offer a certain number of discount rooms at any given time or fro any given nite... it's possible that you purchased the last available deeply discounted room available at this time.

With the above noted, i am currently seeing a 3* hotel with the amenities from your first post offered for your dates at $85/nite... are you able to see and purchase this now?

Please use the HOTWIRE link for your search and purchase.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help..

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I saw the $85 price when I tried to book one room, so I searched again and asked for two rooms. The price was in the high $200's. So I though I'd at least get one room at the lower price, and hope to snag another one later.

I think you are right about having a limited number of rooms available for Hotwire for a certain night and I was able to buy the last one.

But I'm shocked that you see one now for $85. I've been searching multiple times a day and only come up with the $253 price. So I'll keep trying. Maybe I'll see a change soon.

Thanks for helping.

Thanks for checking this for me, but I see my error. I entered in the wrong dates for this thread. The dates I want are 12/30/11 to 12/31/11. So sorry for the mistake. If you search for this date, I'm guessing you'll only see what I see which is the $253 rate. I think the theory that they only have a few rooms available at the $85 rate is the right one. When they are gone, the price just goes up.

Thanks for all your help.

Mo.

Here's my update..... My patience paid off! I've been checking daily (gee, maybe I need to get a life, huh?) and today the rate dropped to $81. I grabbed the other room I needed, so now I'm all set. I certainly don't understand the reasoning behind the pricing changes, but I don't need to. Just glad I didn't have to pay more.

Thanks again for all your help, and this time I did use the HOTWIRE link to click through.

Modeen

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]