Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (North Mich Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast) - unknown

Zoe-the-dog
By Zoe-the-dog,
in

Love these boards you have here and the list but am having trouble IDing this hotel.

Amenities: Smoke free rooms, Fitness center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed internet, Tennis nearby

I may be having a senior moment but I cant seem to match this one to a name. Would appreciate any help and will, of course, use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Thanks

PS First time to Chicago. Picking a hotel has been tricky...!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that this may be the Crowne Plaza Avenue downgraded to 3.5* from the previously reported 4*. There are some slightly better and/or different deals when looking at 11/9-11 and 11/11-12 separately, but moving hotels in the middle of November is not the most optimal; if this is of interest, let me know and I'd be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your insight. The prices have all been lowered slightly during that period now and I think there's a 3.5* on the mag/mile for $119 which is perhaps the double tree. I'm also considering moving hotels during the trip but to convince the hubby to do so I may have to find hotels in close proximity to one another.

I'm going to mull it over and keep watch on prices for a few days, but if you happen to have spotted a better deal then I'd appreciate your advice!

Well, this would be an option:

11/9-11:

3.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville: fitness, business, restaurant, internet, pool - $101.

4* Mag Mile/Streeterville: Boutique, smoke-free, fitness, restaurant, business, internet, $134. This would be a possible match for the Sax, Palomar or Felix - I'd lean towards the Sax, but it could be any of the three.

Average per night = $112.

You could also use PRICELINE and try to get the per night average even lower (for either one part or both parts of the stay separately) Please let us know if you are interested in trying this. The issue with using PRICELINE is that you could end up anywhere within the zone (and the worst case scenario with splitting your stay within the NMA-River North area is a fairly mild cab ride if you ended up on opposite ends of the zone.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]