SC Myrtle Beach Radisson Plaza

kathylu
By kathylu,
in

We stayed at the Radisson Plaza in Myrtle Beach for two nights, 6/6/05 to 6/8/05. The hotel is very nice in some ways, a little deficient in others. First, please note that the location is not oceanfront or oceanview. It is two very long blocks from the beach. It is physically attached to the Convention Center, so it might be the best choice for business travelers. Check-in was a little rough, but that is because they were training two new employees. We were assigned a King room on the 3rd floor, near the pool and entertainment area. The desk clerk made that sound like an advantage, but it was not. We were looking directly at the air conditioning plant, which was making a rather audible noise. Since I am a light sleeper, I called the desk and asked to be switched to a higher floor on the other side of the building. They said "no go" to switching sides because the other side was oceanview (hard to believe) and was a $20 upgrade. They did give us another room on the 6th floor, away from the air conditioners. That was just fine. The room itself was quite nice. Large room, comfortable furnishings (great bed), a small refrigerator and the bathroom was marble and tile. Housekeeping was ok, except that they replaced the bath towels, but didn't leave any fresh hand towels. I'm sure they would have brought some up, but I did'nt bother calling them. We did have breakfast in the restaurant.... to be continued....

• 1 year later...

We stayed at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel (formerly the Radisson) for one night on June 25, 2006. We were first assigned a room on the ninth floor but when we entered it had a strong disinfectant smell so we went back to the lobby to get another room. This time I asked for a room as high as possible and we were put in a room on the 12th Club Floor. I don't think the room was any different that the first room but you had to use your room key to access the floor on the elevator. The hotel room was quite nice, very clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable with good pillows. The bathroom was large with marble floor tiles and granite countertops. The shower had one of those shower curtain bars that arc outward which is a nice touch for some additional room while showering.

The hotel floor was quiet, the view was nice (we were not facing the ocean but it was still nice) and the staff was very friendly. We ended up staying at the beach until almost 1 p.m., didn't check out until 2 p.m. and even though we had not requested a late checkout, no comments were made at checkout.

We drove to the beach since it was a Monday and we didn't think that parking would be a problem; it wasn't. We had a lot of fun in our 24 hours in Myrtle Beach. I have to say, I think this is the world's capital of pancake houses and miniature golf courses. There is one or the other (or both) on just about each mile of Bus. Hwy 17.

I would definitely stay here again, especially if I could get the $90 rate through Priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]