Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Northbrook-Glenview-Mt Prospect) Holiday Inn Mt Prospect

bloomautomatic
By bloomautomatic,
in

Did this one at the last minute after getting rejected on the Priceline NYOP for Northbrook and Deerfield areas. Got the Holiday Inn Mt. Prospect. A little further from Northbrook than I would have liked, but the price was right. Will try to remember to post some info on the hotel after the stay. Looks like an older property.

Vince

Congratulations on your success!

While not ideal, nice to see you receive a decent deal on this property and you can make it work for your needs.

Can you confirm if you used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for this stay, and if HOTWIRE, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. (if you used PRICELINE just let us know and we'll move this thread to that section of the board)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are absolutely correct. The place looks like it's been totally renovated. Rooms are modern - flat screen TV's, nice furniture and decorations. The bar in the hotel was packed and hopping for a Tuesday night. There's another restaurant (Bogie's Ale House) within walking distance that had good food at reasonable prices. I think there was a wendy's or some fast food across the street and a shopping mall a block or 2 away. They are adding an indoor swimming pool to the place, but it looks like it may be a while before it's open. There was still signs of construction on the back side of the building (porta-johns, equipment, etc), but nothing that disturbed my visit.

I'm going back to Chicago next week and I would stay there again.

vince

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]