Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Joliet Holiday Inn

daveh
By daveh,
in

I have been bidding for several days and got up to $52 for a 2.5* in Joliet. Priceline countered this bid with a try again offer of $61, which I accepted.

We previously have stayed at this property and found it OK - but a bit old and worn. Back then it was rated 3* and that was really overrating it. We have also stayed in the Wingate Inn in Joliet and found that a better choice. As the Wingate was rated 2.5*, I concentrated my bidding on 2.5*. I noticed that when I started bidding for this trip that Priceline no longer had a 3* in Joliet - so I was a little concerned that Priceline may have adjusted the Holiday Inn rating downward. But I took a chance anyway, hoping that we could still get the Wingate. Oh well! :)

As a side note: I note that today'sHotwire listings does have a 3* property (at $70) that looks like the Holiday Inn. A 2.5* property that looks like the Wingate, is $79.

The Priceline hotel list should be adjusted to reflect this rating change.

Congrats on your success. :)

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the Wingate, but glad the Holiday Inn will still work out okay.

Thank you for letting us know about the star rating change for this PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]