Priceline Hotel: Please help! September 5*

iodonnel
By iodonnel,
in

Hi,

I have just discovered this AMAZING website - would NEVER have had the courage to bid priceline without it BUT I need a little help please.

We arrive on September 24th (Sat) and depart Septenber 30th (Friday). I have attempted the following bids for the Venetian:

Bid for 24th to 30th 5* strip (using re-bid system) NOTE bids in UK sterling: stg

Are you willing to split your bids?

How high are you willing on going for a 5*?

If you were to split your dates you should be able to get the Venetian around $99 USD for 9/25-9/27. If you bid on 9/24-9/27, it would need to be higher because of Saturday's high rate. For the other nights, you could book the Bellagio (also a 5*) for $199 USD per night directly for 9/27-9/30.

This all depends on how many times you would be willing to move between hotels and what you are willing to spend.

Hello thenewbie. Thanks for the reply.

I don't mind splitting bids but really don't want to split more than once (ie one hotel move). I wouldn't mind paying more for the venetian in order to get the saturday - how much should I start my bidding for and how much should I go up to??

OR

What would be my chances of getting the Venetian for ALL 6 nights if I increased my bid and how much would I need to increase it to do you think??

If you were to do 5* for 9/24 - 9/27, my guess would be to try bidding from $120 - $135/night. I figure since the $149 promo nights are 1/3 off ($99), you should hopefully get a similar discount for the $279 rate. If you give this a try, start low and rebid (in similar increments as before) up to what you find acceptable.

If you bid on all 6 nights, you'd most likely get the Venetian (as the Bellagio rarely comes up) but I'm not sure what the magic number would be for acceptance.

Thank you all so much for your fabulous advice. We are going to try ror one of TWO options and need opinions

1. Bid on VENETIAN for 24th, 25th and 26th and pay $199/night for the BELLAGIO on the 27th, 28th and 29th.

OR

2. Attempt to obtain the VENETIAN for all 6 nights bidding up to $199 / night

Now my question is this, Which hotel is better?? Suite in Venetian OR Standard room in Bellagio??

I don't want to attempt bidding on anything until I decide which option I would prefer and I can always use the other option as backup..

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks again for all your help.

I think either choice would be fine...

Bellagio is probably just a bit more 'higher end', but the Venetian gives you the extra space of the room.

Some would like the experience of trying two different hotels and comparing the two, others would never think of changing hotels mid-stay (personally i prefer seeing two different hotels).

With these two properties is sort of like choosing between a banana split and a parfait... you can't go wrong with either!

Let us know what you choose to do, but please use our link if you move forward with the BELLAGIO (if you're decide to think about this for a few days/weeks i would still book it as a cancellable rate now... you would then be able to take advantage of any price decreases down the road, but if rates go up at least you've locked in a lower price)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]