Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

kdldance
By kdldance,
in

I was wondering if someone could help me decide whether or not to choose PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. My husband and I are travelling to Honolulu from December 11th to 23rd of 2011 and would like to stay directly on Waikiki beach at a 4* or higher resort. Previously we booked on hotwire, and got the Sheraton Waikiki, and we were extremely happy with the booking and we only paid 132 a night. I am finding it difficult with hotwire this time as there is no hotel that says it's dircetly on the beach.

How often does HOTWIRE change up their hotels? And should I wait to see if something comes up.... or try PRICELINE?

Thanks for any advice!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

If you use PRICELINE then there is no way to ensure that you end up directly on the beach, at least with HOTWIRE you can be a little patient and hope that something with the Beachfront icon appears, which would indicate that the hotel is directly on the beach.

Assuming a beachfront property is a must have vs. a want i would continue to search HOTWIRE, as offerings can change often (checking twice a day should be sufficient... please use the board HOTWIRE link each time you do)

Also, this is a somewhat extended stay, is split bid an option, as that may display some different options then what you're currently seeing for this complete stay... perhaps would something with a Beachfront icon will appear if you split this stay into two smaller trips?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried splitting up the weeks but it still will only give me a 4* or higher in Waikiki Beach Area from Dec 11-15th and Dec 18-20 (That quotes resort fee) I would really like to stay at either the Hilton Village, Sheraton or Outrigger hotels. Can you please give me some advice.

I recently seen that someone got the Sheraton for $160 per night on priceline. Do you think that this is a possibility for me?

Thanks

I am not sure where to post this, but last night I had luck bidding on Priceline with the first week of my stay. We selected beach area, and the Resort category. We ended up getting the Sheraton for a bid of $155 on the first try. We are still looking for a hotel for the 2nd week of our stay. We would really like to stay at the Outrigger Reef. We are going to wait to see what comes up on hotwire before we make a final decision. Thanks for all the advice!

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Hope you're happy with the results for this leg of your stay and are looking forward to your trip. We've moved this thread to the PRICELINE section of the board and we can continue the balance of your trip in this Hotwire Hawaii thread.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]