Priceline Hotel: Help - 1 Night Stay in Manhattan

Babar
By Babar,
in

Hello,

We are spending several days in NYC in late October, but would like to get a hotel for our anniversary night.

I was thinking of using Priceline (of course through your links =) to try and get a 4 star hotel for Saturday October 22, 2011 only. I was hoping to spend about $200.

I am comfortable with the bidding process, but wanted to know if there was anything special I should know about booking just 1 night.. Saturday none the less. I could see reasons it might be cheaper or more expensive... any thoughts on adjusting my initial pricing or should I just start at around $120 with the zones I am interested in?

Any suggestions on timing? Start ASAP or wait til we are closer to the date?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy Anniversary! :)

Which zones would be of interest?

Bidding only one night would not make a difference in terms of the amount of dates; bidding is really a case-by-case basis and depends on how busy the night in question is. In terms of timing, please see the section on timing in the FAQ.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Where to start and how much it will take will be dependent upon the zone(s) you're willing to accept... which zones did you intend on bidding?

We'll know more after your reply, but given that this is a solo Saturday nite during a busy time of year i think $200 might be a bit optimistic. However, note that Sunday is often the least expensive nite in the city and i do think you could be successful for Sunday nite (Saturday is much less likely, imo, based upon current prices)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the responses guys!

As far as zoning, we aren't too picky. Central Park, Soho, Empire, Hell's Kitchen,Times Square, MTW, or MTE all would be fine. Probably even the Chelsea if you thought it would significantly change our odds =).

Do bidders usually have a better chance at booking a great rate if they bid way before the trip, or right at the last moment?

Thanks,

Dave

I think this is going to be a tough win at $200 or under, so including all the zones which are acceptable would improve your chances, although might not effect the ultimate outcome (if $200 is just too low for this nite).

CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, TS and UWS all offer 4* bidding... please confirm if all of these are acceptable if there are any you would want to exclude from your bdding; we'll then suggest a straetgy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4*MTE, MTW, TS and UWS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS, MTW, TS and UWS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS, MTW, Downtown, ESB, HK...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4*MTE, Chelsea, TS and UWS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, TS, UWS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, TS, CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MTE, MTW, TS and UWS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

In terms of bidding well in advance or closer to the stay, there's no way to know for sure - there have been users who have gotten cheaper rates closer to the stay and there are those who decided to wait until closer, only to have prices suddenly ramp. This is discussed in greater detail under the timing section in the FAQ.

In terms of this stay, if you were not accepted at $200, you can wait (although that has risk if rates were to head higher), raise your max or look at lower star ratings.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]