Priceline Hotel: help needed with sheraton downtown toronto (south)

nevrenuf
By nevrenuf,
in

hi all, i seem to be haveing some difficulty winning the sheraton downtown - i have bid form $77, 80, 83, 85, 90 & 100 and i've won the westin harbour @ 85,90 & 100, yes, i won it 3 times at 3 different prices between 85 & 100. i really want the sheraton but anything other than the westin, radisson (both on a location basis) and hilton garden inn (bad experience basis)...

i called a few hotels before i tried bidding and some have a two night minimum, but they were all available for 1 night through priceline's "regular" discounts, so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it...

thx

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The issue in this case would be that if you bid for 4* in this zone, you could possibly get any of the 4*'s - there's no way to increase the odds of a specific hotel or avoid a hotel. With PRICELINE in general, you have to be willing to accept any of the participating hotels at the star rating you bid on in the zone/s you bid on.

HOTWIRE would be a better choice, as while that's definitely not guaranteed either, in many cases, you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing based on the information given.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

For your qualifications of where you want/don't want to stay, I would use HOTWIRE. By choosing Downtown West 4* on Hotwire, you won't get any of the ones you don't want, and are likely to get your desired hotel Sheraton. You can then check the amenities to further narrow down which possibilities of hotels you would get. Maybe hop on over to the Hotwire forum? When are you looking to book for?

i've won the westin harbour @ 85,90 & 100, yes, i won it 3 times at 3 different prices between 85 & 100.
It would be appreciated if you shared your wins with the board so that the information can help other users.

Please also use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]