Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

chw
By chw,
in

I've been bidding for a NYC hotel for the above dates for weeks (always using the forum's PRICELINE search box on the top right), but no avail. Had a backup reservation for $150 + taxes, so ~500$ total was my limit. I was focussing on Downtown/Soho, since another poster got the Millenium Hilton for $150, but only from 10/02-10/04. Anyway, this morning I saw a 4* MTE hotel for $196 on HOTWIRE, so I thought I should include the MTE zone. I had bonus cash, so I started with bidding $134 + $6.67 bonus cash on the MTE and Downtown/Soho zones ($496.20 including fees and taxes). Shockingly, I immediately got a hit. Should have tried lower ;-) OTOH, the cheapest room on the Hyatt website costs over $1108, so I am happy ;-)

Just saw that the Hyatt offers a room with AAA discount, but smoking only. What are the odds that I get a non-smoking room?

I'll add that this hotel is also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

In the other direction on Third Ave (at 35th St) is Jackson Hole Wyoming which has some of the best burgers (imo) in the city and makes for a very filling lunch or an inexpensive dinner.

Thanks for sharing your PRICELINE win with the board... have a great time in NYC!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]