Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Garden Grove) Doubletree Anaheim-Orange

wild orchids
By wild orchids,
in

Take a look at the very first post in the General Priceline Tips area. It describes how to determine one's free re-bids.

Romelle

Hint - there are five free re-bid zones at the 3.5* level. If you would like confirmation of your list, post back and somebody will double check them for you.

I bid for a 3.5* & 4* zones Anaheim North & South (Garden Grove). Started my first bid at $45, $48..$50 and still no success.

Please help and let me know what other zones I can select to get another rebid. As well, not sure if I should wait until Oct.1 to start bidding instead.

Do you think the hotels tend to release more rooms as it gets closer to the date if they have not met their occupancy rate?

Please help and let me know what other zones I can select to get another rebid.

From my prior post, "....Take a look at the very first post in the General Priceline Tips area. It describes how to determine one's free re-bids." Very detailed instructions there. It is about the 6th topic down on the first page in this site.

This is the short course:

The idea is to find the zones that do not have the star level (or higher) you are bidding.

Get into Priceline and click on one zone. Take a look at the star levels (just below) that are possible for bidding. The ones that are possible have changed from grey to white buttons. If you've found a zone that doesn't have your desired star level (or higher) take note of it. Then click that zone off. Click on another zone and do the same thing. Go though all the zones. You will have a list of the zones that don't have your desired star level or higher. These are your free re-bid zones.

Since you are now interested in two different star levels, you have to make two lists, one for the 4* free re-bid zones, and one for the 3.5* re-bid zones. They can be, and usually are, different.

When I mentioned five free re-bid zones, that was for the 3.5* level you initially mentioned in your title. Without checking, I don't know how many there might be for the 4* level.

You can post your lists back for somebody to double check.

Romelle

And with just less than a month to go, I don't think it is at all too early to start bidding.

The thread Romelle is referencing is Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Use the information there to see if you can determine the THREE re-bid zones you have a the 3.5* level. If you're confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Once you have your re-bid zones confirmed, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you came in under your original budget and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]