Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Wynn

MrKilltime
By MrKilltime,
in

Hi all!

I'm looking/bidding on 5* North or South Strip for one night Checkin 10/01/11 for 200.00 or lower.

I started at 160 and went up 2 bids to 180.00 (3 bids total) i have used the re-bidding strategy adding different zones and such. Last year for this same weekend i scored the Palazzo for 150.00 a night! Did i miss my chance for a good deal?

i'm willing to drop down to 4* but i have to admit i'm scared to catch the Westin :)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Damien

P.S. this board is so AWESOME!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Thank you for your compliments on the board. Rates do vary from day-to-day and year/over/year, so what you did get a year ago may not be an indicator of rates this year. Vegas - with some exceptions - does seem moderately more expensive overall than a year ago. 5* North Strip rates are on the higher side, but 5* Strip South seems reasonable; have you bid up to $180 in South Strip yet or just North Strip? Expedia has the 5* Vdara in South Strip for $199. I don't think you're likely far from a win in the North Strip zone, either, at least given prices I'm seeing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

Try bidding again after few days. The first time I tried I had the same experience as you. Tried again in few days and got Venetian for $125. Not sure what's going on! Based on my win you should have definitely got Venetian for your price. If it has any significance, my winning bid was on Thursday. That aside, I think your problem probably is that you are bidding on a single Saturday which is, by far, the most busy day. Good luck rebidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]