Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) Hotel Sax

Alex in MI
By Alex in MI,
in

Amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

This was little more than I originally had planned on spending, but I delayed one day too long and missed out on what I'm sure was the Palmer House Hilton for $114. I went up to $92 for a 4* on Priceline, but no dice. It's a busy weekend in Chi-town, I think.

Booked through the BB HOTWIRE link, of course.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps more than you originally intended on spending, hope you're pleased with the results and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Excellent deal and while unfortunately more than you wanted to spend, I think the Sax is worth $14 more than the Palmer, both in terms of hotel and location - the location is right near the River North area, which has a wide variety of restaurants and nightlife. There's not much going on by the Palmer in the Loop at night.

True, at least for location. The Sax was much better located for the restaurants and activities we planned, and was close to a very cheap overnight parking garage (cheap on weekends only). However, based on this one experience, I think the Sax was overrated at 4 stars. The desk clerk at check-in was snippy; the matresses had seen better days; the decor was both odd and dated; the TV reception was just fair on most channels; a plate from the previous occupant's room service was outside our door when we checked in and was still there when we checked out the next day; and if we opened the window for fresh air we were treated to grease-borne odors from the kitchen's rooftop vent several floors below.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]