Priceline Hotel: copthorne tara

bribennett
By bribennett,
in

If you use the site's search function (click the "search" in the upper corner) you can search for previous posts for this property.

Are you only looking for this property, or would you be willing to accept others in the area? What are your date/s of travel, desired budget per night and acceptable PRICELINE zones?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Actually Priceline has downgraded the Copthorne Tara from 4 to 3 stars on its retail side. They also downgraded the Hitlon Olympia to 3 stars. Both of these hotels are in the Kensington/Earls Court area. In the past I would avoid bidding this area as I would invariably get one of these hotels. The Copthorne Tara, although in a good area, is not a 4* hotel. The Hilton Olympia might be a 4* but not much going on in the immediate area. Also a long walk to the tube although there are buses stopping in front of the hotel.

If you are hoping to avoid the Copthorne Tara, bid 4* in the Kensington/Earls Court area. If thats the hotel you want, without any guarantee that you would actually win it, bid 3* in that area. Be forwarned that 3* hotels in London can be pretty awful though I dont think that the Copthorne Tara falls into that cateigory.

I've decided to be very careful bidding in Kensington for the next while for 4*, the Olympia being upgraded to 4* means that there are now somewhat slimmer pickings in terms of desirability and with that one it is mostly location. The NH Harrington Hall was quite nice, as is Baily's across the street from it, but I tend to look at the list and make sure I can live with all of the possible hotels before bidding and be prepared to get the least desirable one on the list. Once I need to place bids over $100 because nothing lower is being accepted I get a lot pickier and stop adding Kensington to my zones.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]