Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago North Shore (North Shore) Renaissance North Shore

taliategan
By taliategan,
in

2nd bidding session; 1st bid was $ 50 and received counteroffer of $ 64.00. I had 5 re-bid zones in North Shore at the 4* level, so I bid up $ 1 on each bid and was accepted on the last re-bid. I was originally looking at the Evanston area as the location would have worked better for the wedding we are attending. There was no hotels higher than a 3* on either Hotwire or Priceline in Evanston. I believe the Hotwire 3* listing was the Holiday Inn which I believe has received some negative comments on this site. I also thought the Holiday Inn may have been a likely win on Priceline so I decided to bid on the North Shore zone.

Used PRICELINE link on this site to make the bid.

Congrats on your success. :)

This is a very nice deal for this Renaissance property; I'll note that this is a nice area but there's not much directly around it - Barnaby's Pizza across the street is pretty good and that place is an institution that has been there for 30+ years. This property does offer a shuttle that goes to the nearby train station. I'll also suggest requesting a high floor, which is not an upgrade at this property, but may offer a pretty decent view of the surrounding area.

The Evanston zone previously had the Orrington at the 3.5* level, but that has been reduced to 3*; at the 3* level, you're possibly looking at the Doubletree Skokie, Holiday Inn or Orrington; the Orrington is a great possibility, the Doubletree okay and the Holiday Inn not so much.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]